Parrots
Basil, eclectus.
Melania, eclectus.
River, blue and gold macaw.
Lucky, quaker.
Marley, quaker.
Kiwi, lovebird.
Hey!
A lady recently reached out to me and is wanting to rehome her two double yellow headed male amazons with me. I feel like amazons are the parrots I know the least amount about but I have been non-stop researching like always. Any advice would be appreciated. They are both 15ish and live in a large divided cage currently.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
If you have yet to bring them home, please read the I Love Amazon Thread first as it will provide you a wide spectrum on information regarding Amazons in general.

Prior to bring them home, Please Read with Detail and Understanding Amazon Body Language as it will provide you the foundation of Amazon Communication!! They will expect you to know their Body Language as if it is your first Language.

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
They'll live to about 80 if they're loved. They are magnificent birds that will return your love in spades. No joke. If you're not willing to cultivate a relationship with a bird, then pass on taking them. Amazons aren't "needy" per se, but like many animals they thrive on love. I know that sounds campy, but it's true.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I know Mi
They'll live to about 80 if they're loved. They are magnificent birds that will return your love in spades. No joke. If you're not willing to cultivate a relationship with a bird, then pass on taking them. Amazons aren't "needy" per se, but like many animals they thrive on love. I know that sounds campy, but it's true.
I know OP from another forum ( I think), and she has a wide variety of birds, including a macaw and ekkies. Just trying to provide some background :)

Most Reactions