Amy and BB's journey..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
… I have thought about doing a thread here because I really believe both Amy and Beebs ARE having an incredible journey :D

The last few months have seen big changes in our life,not only for me and the fids but

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Dammit!! All my typing got lost!!! :mad:\

Please stand by folks!

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

...ok where was I?...not only for me and the fids but David and missy too.

first i'll start with Amy. I've seen a huge change in his all-over wellbeing from his health to his disposition. He now is more energetic,no more bump on a perch patato. He is eating well and his weight is maintaining. At around 510g's I think he could use to loose a little more but it is staying there within a gram or two. He actually PLAYS now :D Goes to his play top and chews toys,throws them around,yells at them at times. I can't recall the last time he has done that.
He is more vocal, I can almost set a clock from him. Around 10am every morning its HELLO! HOW ARE YOU?? and just plain Amazon speak for about ten minutes. He'll say HELLO and I'll answer back from the computer room and he'll say it again only louder. At times I can hear him mumble into his food bowl and laugh at hearing himself echo from the bowl.
I open his front door and he is climbing out within a minute,usually to try and sneak off to go visit Beebs :mad:
When we do the flapflap lessons he intently listens and watches me. I'll say "Ready? one....two...three...GO!" and I drop the perch stick fast and he flaps vigorously. We have stepped this up to about fifteen flapflaps a session now and do it a couple times a day and I don't see him laboring. I REALLY need to get a stethoscope to listen to his heart :)

When David would visit me at my house,he'd always go and say hi to both fids. Amy would ALWAYS poof up...fan his rudder,flash those eyeballs,and at times lunge at the cage bars.
Now Amy comes right to the bars,and listens as David speaks to him. No poofiness...no flaired rudder..no flashing eyeballs. He'll take a nutraberry or something from his fingers. Amy will now step up onto his perch stick when asked by David. David is constantly talking to Amy..telling him what a pretty bird he is..asking him if he can skritch his head ( David has seen how Amy basically melts when I skritch lol).
Yesterday Amy was on his T perch in this room with me and David walked in. Picked up a nutraberry and gave it to Amy as he softly spoke. Amy listened. When the berry was gone David asked if he could skritch. That bird knew what he was saying! Amy lowered his head (like he does with me when he wants skritches) and David was able to give two seconds worth of skritch before Amy lifted his head and moved back! I never thought i'd see the day lol and I don't think David did either :eek: :D

I'll leave it like that for now,but will continue with BB's story shortly.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-A-BCoxhSI"]Amy2019 - YouTube[/ame]

Jim

Last edited:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I love how Amy and David are becoming friends. It takes special people to understand how rewarding feathered friendship can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I'm not sure how I missed this, but I'm here now. :D

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

Thanks Jim.. That was awesome. :) I am glad things go well for all...

Go play more Amy... GO AMY GO!!!!!!!!

Now is waiting for BB's vid... :D

Most Reactions