an amazing bird

jeffisme

Jan 28, 2016
It's now been two and a half months since we brought Berdie into our home. I've never had or cared for a better bird. She spends all day in a room with me in our house where I have set up an office. She is either eating or playing quietly. When she decides she wants a treat, she walks over to the corner above the cage and does a 360. She loves getting her head scritched, most of the time. When she doesn't she will put her beak on my finger and push it away or push my hand away with one of her claws, never biting always gentle but firm.

She is starting to make talking noises. I suspect we'll hear a few words soon. She loves taking a shower under the spray bottle. The only time she ever screams or complains is when I turn on the vacuum.

I've taught her a few basic tricks, working on fetch now (but not with great success). Mostly, she loves hanging out, being around us, looking out the window, and being a Pionus, pooping.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Thanks for the update! So happy to hear about all her progress, she absolutely is an amazing bird. Pictures?

Most Reactions

Latest posts