An unwelcomed wake up this morning

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
So today I had to go into work at 5am so I had intended to get up at 3am to take care of the dogs check on the birds and uncover them for the day. Well I couldnt sleep last night I finally got to sleep next thing I know I am woken up by my birdies both having night frights followed by hissing for the next 5 mintues which excited Abby to no end and she decided that she had to check on the birds too they were fine and I noticed it looked like they each lost a tail feather but seeing as how Hallows eve is a lutino and Halloween has a couple yellow tail feathers I'm not sure if they each lost one or if one of them lost two.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Ouch... the dreaded UBE!!!!! (unexplained bird emergency) If one of my gals does that at night I end up with barking dogs, disgruntled cats, complaining kids and (if anyone turns on a light) a neighing horse and quacking ducks. My husband, of course, sleeps through it all....

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I had a Rosy Bourke, Kirby, who had night frights often. It was a little like having a small child and having to get up in the middle of the night! I found that a night light helps...

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
yeah and it doesnt help we don't have a set routine yet. The closest thing to a routine we have is when i get up I go to the bathroom get the dogs outside and fed then come back in my bedroom turn on the bedroom light uncover the birds make sure they have plenty of food and water then before bed I open their cage door and remove their food and water then take my scrubber and scrub the grate so it is free of any feces then I change there cage liner and toss out any and all uneaten food leave the cage door open while I do school work then if in 45 minutes they still won't go near the open door I shut it and leave the room wash and refill their water dish refill their food dish (typically only about a quarter full) finsih homework talk to them through out it then cover them up get my dogs in here and we all go to bed and repeat it the next day with different things happening after my shifts at work

Most Reactions

Latest posts