And I thought I was bad for shopping!

foxgloveparrot

Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2021
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon) Lilla (senegal parrot) Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (budgies) Cricket (parrotlet)
I feel like I should never go to bird stores anymore because I end up buying at least one of every toy in stock, if not way more stuff. Once, I was shopping online for some replacement food bowls, and I ended up with my java tree! Having no regrets, lol
Also Albie is so spoiled and so loved, thanks! :)

Hobs

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure
We found a wonderful place near us that only has bird things. We nearly purchased a cage that was five foot tall and 3 foot wide. We ended up with enough treats for 6 conures! Lastly we were left we these words of wisdom from the owner..
β€œYou will see people with one bird, and maybe two birds, sometimes 3, and then you end up with 17”

wrench13

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yeah same here, any trip to get pellets or Nutraberries always includes some toys. Salty has his favorite types, so I try to always have some of them stocked up and on hand. New owners better believe that parrots are expensive! Even at $50 per visit/month that's still $600 a year, and most trips I drop a lot more than that.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
If we didn't spend it on albie, it'd only get wasted on rubbish so we're happy to spend what ever it takes to keep him happy

Scott

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
One reason I purchase most of my bird supplies online! Periodically visit a large specialty store and inflict mortal damage to credit card! 🀣

Most Reactions

Latest posts