And Speaking of Hormones...

FrancisMom

Nov 4, 2018
Greensboro, NC
Parrots
U2 - Francis "Francie"
Okay, so I finally figured out how to get a video onto here, so here it is: https://www.facebook.com/bentgirl/videos/10158741417234512/

This is something Francis does EXCESSIVELY. Mostly on my husband but also somewhat on me and on some of his toys. He makes regurgitating motions but rarely actually brings anything up.

Now, in the time span between me t-r-y-i-n-g to get the video posted here and today, I have taken him to his first visit with his new vet, who looked at the video straight off my phone. The vet is an avian-only vet (yay) and seems VERY knowledgeable. He said that Francis is "hyper-hormonal".

I wondered if any of you all have seen this behavior in your birds.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Yep, looks like regurgitation. When they regurgitate for humans they donā€™t always actually expel something. Domethimes isnā€™t just the motions, maybe a little comes up but it stays in the mouth and we donā€™t see it.

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
He hormonal and regurgitation and pecking are Hormonal behavior. Males U2ā€™s typically will also put down head and make clicking sounds.

Most Reactions

Latest posts