And then there were two....

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
Missy is home. Appears none the worst for wear, apart from starving and exhausted... and a little bit ruffled.

So many people helped but I have to thank the most incredible family that live just across the way from me.
For however long now, they have been throwing seed out for the galahs and Missy was sort of hanging with the galahs so....
She has been sighted all around the area just to the north west of here and every day I was driving to those places and calling out for her.
I got the feeling, after finally seeing her for the first time across the road from home, two days ago, that I may have been confusing her in which direction home was and I had decided to not go chasing anymore and instead to call and click for her here, at home.
The weather forecast was really scaring me. I felt I had only 24 hours left before it would be too late and when I finally did catch her, it reinforced that feeling.
She was weak, wet and grounded. Huddled up on the ground up against the house opposite me and the drain. That wonderful family who had been messaging me to say she is at their house NOW!, guided me in to where she was.
Missy would have been scared, and prior to the catch, try as I might, I couldn't get her to come to me, I'd get close and she'd bolt - but that family, their wonderful young man, kept a vigilant eye out. We had played chasey for a little while before the final snatch and when I had returned home feeling gutted once again at not having her here with me, Connor and his family were my eyes, when mine were clouding.
It was about 8 pm when I caught her.
I cannot tell you how much I love them for all they did for Missy. They not only kept her alive but they also put a cage out in the hopes she might go in. My love for them is,... well it's a blessing.
I gave Missy some neo care food immediately on getting her home. It was the best thing, not requiring her to have to de-shell a seed or a pea... She ate nearly all of it but she was just too tired, so I put her in with Gracie and she slept. I kept an eye on her until I too went to bed... I couldn't sleep, I was relieved but just couldn't sleep. I asked my Angels to wake me if she needed me.
This morning I gave her egg and biscuit mix, which is sort of a mumma bird food for her to give to her babies, so it was again, a good food. She ate all that and then had some peas and corn and some millet.
Right now, as I type this, she is on the tree with Gracie but not next to her, grinding her beak in contentment and now... going back to sleep. I will do my best to not let her over exert herself until I feel she is strong enough.
Now I need to change her name.......

Attachments

• 20220107_070412.jpg
    20220107_070412.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 84

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh MissMac, what wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!! Certainly the "God of Small Things With Wings" has been looking out for Missy all this time! And thank goodness you have such wonderful neighbours too.

Welcome home Missy, I'm so glad she is back home, safe and sound! πŸ™

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wow, I am happy beyond words you reunited with Missy! Rescuing family helps restore faith in humanity! With your love and support she ought fully recover, be curious to know if her demeanor changes!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I’m so so happy for you!!! Thanks for sharing such great news with us! πŸ˜€

Most Reactions