Another Canadian!

Etienette

Mar 30, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Mink (♂ GCC)
Hello everyone!

I am Etienette, as known widely across the internet realm. I am a 19 year old female, who is an avid photographer, writer and lover of all creatures. Well.... Aside from bugs(read below for the ironic part!). I live in Ontario, Canada where I was born and raised in the good old country life. I went to College for one year, and received a minor degree in Creative Writing - so my school life is historyyy!

Animals alike have always played huge roles in my life, and as I grew - I just knew that they would stay. Currently, I own three animals to myself. A female Calico Siberian Tabby Mix(Angel), a male Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko(Blaize), and a female Super Snow Eclipse Leopard Gecko(Frost). Now.. If you're wanting to count my "crawlies" then I own a farm of Superworms, a colony of Brown Crickets, and one male Zophobas Morio beetle(final life stage of Superworms). I started a breeding experiment for my Supers last year, and have since successfully pupated three(two died a month after pupating) - with two more on the way. This experiment is for my personal knowledge, and provides a very high content of feed for my two reptiles. And surprisingly.. I love each little "crawlie" like an actual pet.

Now, what lead me to these forums some may question..? Well. Aside from being a generalized animal lover, I have also always had a fascination with birds. When I was younger, I would always bird watch with my grandmother and document the species that we spotted. I did this up until around two years after she passed away, but my love for Avians has not died in the slightest. I've always dreamed of owning a bird, and truthfully I pictured myself with an Indian Ringneck. But as time grew on, and I entered high school - I discovered the beauty of Conures. The type that stood out to me the most is the more commonly known one, the Green-Cheeked. I went into a flurry of researching them through books, through websites, through opinions, everything - for about six years(and even still). But unfortunately, a bird was still far out of my reach. So for the last year now, I've devoted my intelligence to reptiles - of which I have 11 years experience due to growing up with them, working with them, and so forth. But now as life is at a better time for me, where I have a little bit of slack to at least pursue my dreams - I have decided on purchasing a hand-fed and weaned, Green-Cheeked Conure. A very very professional and amazingly coordinated breeder is located about three and a half hours from where I live. I spoke to her via email, and will be calling her sometime this month to confirm that I will be driving on down there to purchase one of her's and her husband's featherfluffs. I have many questions to inquire when I see them in person, of course. But right now, my main concerns are to get -everything- prepared for him. I am devoted like no tomorrow to ensure that before he even arrives, that he will be in a comfortable and safe environment to grow in. And oh yes, do not worry - I already have a very known exotics vet who lives just across the ferry from me! So today I will be heading out to grab some general things, such as a travel cage, perches, and things that will not "spoil" by times my little guy comes home. And yes - I am up to the task and responsibilities that come with bird ownership! My life is very slow paced, so my time to put towards my future featherfluff(and my other pets as well) - is highly available with little to no fall-backs.

With all that being said though, I also have topic posted where I have some inquiries to clarify personal opinions/likes, etc. I would love to get as much information as possible before he comes home with me. I have spent the time to educate myself, but I always admire the opinions of those with first hand experience.

So, without further delay - I am so happy to be here within this community! From what I have seen far, I am beyond impressed with the information, setup and knowledge that this community has to offer! I will be posting some of my photography from time to time, perhaps before and -definitely- when I get my little guy!

-Eti

Attachments

• postthis3.jpg
    postthis3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 109
  • postthis1.jpg
    postthis1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 116
  • postthis2.png
    postthis2.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your long awaited, feathered companion! Sounds like you've done lots of research, your little GCC will appreciate all your effort.

Your photography is beautiful and I loved your intro! Looking forward to your future posts!

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Welcome, eh! ;)

I can tell that you probably *are* known across the internet realm because of all the reassurances you gave in your hello speech, hahahaha. Heaven knows almost every other forum I've ever been to has an intense need to analyze everything you do and tell you what you are doing wrong, including the snake forum I am a part of! (My friend had people tell her she should go and die because she didn't get a heater for her beta tank). Thankfully parrotforums.com is one of the kindest forums I have ever been on and all you will be receiving here are congratulations on your new baby and excitement for your setup! You sound like you will be an AWESOME parront, with all your research and prep! Your fid is going to be sooo lucky to have you!

OP
Etienette

Etienette

Mar 30, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Mink (♂ GCC)
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your long awaited, feathered companion! Sounds like you've done lots of research, your little GCC will appreciate all your effort.

Your photography is beautiful and I loved your intro! Looking forward to your future posts!

Thank you so much on your welcome, and kind compliments! I am beyond excited to be here to learn more, and become one with the community! :)

Welcome, eh! ;)

I can tell that you probably *are* known across the internet realm because of all the reassurances you gave in your hello speech, hahahaha. Heaven knows almost every other forum I've ever been to has an intense need to analyze everything you do and tell you what you are doing wrong, including the snake forum I am a part of! (My friend had people tell her she should go and die because she didn't get a heater for her beta tank). Thankfully parrotforums.com is one of the kindest forums I have ever been on and all you will be receiving here are congratulations on your new baby and excitement for your setup! You sound like you will be an AWESOME parront, with all your research and prep! Your fid is going to be sooo lucky to have you!

Haha, thank you so much for the welcome!
And I do know what you mean - it is rarely solemn that I do join in on forums like these, in fear of being surrounded with negativity and judgmental remarks. But I have a gooood feeling that I'll settle in just nice, with all the others who "roost" here! And thank you so much for the compliment, definitely a confidence booster! :)

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
yay! Another canadian and a photographer at that :)

Welcome to the forum! I am also a new Green Cheek Conure owner and my baby has been such a joy. My fiancé Brent McCombs is a fashion photographer and I assist him on his sets. I've done a bit of my own photography for fun as well.

Nice to meet you, I hope you enjoy your new addition when he/she comes home :)

Sarah

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Hi Etienette! I am also happy to welcome another fellow Canadian. I loved your intro. And those are some very nice pictures of your pets. Welcome to the forum!

OP
Etienette

Etienette

Mar 30, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Mink (♂ GCC)
yay! Another canadian and a photographer at that :)

Welcome to the forum! I am also a new Green Cheek Conure owner and my baby has been such a joy. My fiancé Brent McCombs is a fashion photographer and I assist him on his sets. I've done a bit of my own photography for fun as well.

Nice to meet you, I hope you enjoy your new addition when he/she comes home :)

Sarah

Thank you for the warm welcome! And yay, it's so awesome to see another Canadian around - and a new GCC owner as well! :)

Hi Etienette! I am also happy to welcome another fellow Canadian. I loved your intro. And those are some very nice pictures of your pets. Welcome to the forum!

Fantastic, so awesome to see so many fellow Canadians here on these forums! It isn't often that I see so many! And thank you so much for the kind compliments! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts