Any diets for jenday conures?

Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
I’ve got two adult jenday conures! I want to make sure to give them a healthy diet that incorporates seeds as well. I know they like apples, but only without the skin and only a few bites. Can someone help me with a full diet and how to prepare it?

OP
Raz

Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
Also to add on, is their any schedule I should follow for feeding and/or bedtime?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Vegetables should be the bulk of your conures diet, like chop, their are many good threads on here about chop and recipes, you should check those out. Also a good quality pellet is important, I use TOPs but I have used other brands before like Caitec. Sprouts are an excellent way to prepare grain, legumes, and seed for your birds, or they can just be soaked, either way is more nutritious than cooked. Dry seed can be fed too, or you could hide what seed they get in foraging toys so they have to use energy to get the seed. Birdie bread is also an excellent way to get your bird to eat healthy things without them knowing it. You can pretty much hide anything in birdie bread and they just think "Ooooo bread." I hide a full cup of chop in their bread, I just puree it. You could feed your conures in mealtimes, I do breakfast, then their snacks they have to go forage for, then dinner, then their snacks to find again. And bedtime? 10-12 hrs. of sleep each night. I think I covered all the bases 😅

Reactions: Raz
OP
Raz

Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
Vegetables should be the bulk of your conures diet, like chop, their are many good threads on here about chop and recipes, you should check those out. Also a good quality pellet is important, I use TOPs but I have used other brands before like Caitec. Sprouts are an excellent way to prepare grain, legumes, and seed for your birds, or they can just be soaked, either way is more nutritious than cooked. Dry seed can be fed too, or you could hide what seed they get in foraging toys so they have to use energy to get the seed. Birdie bread is also an excellent way to get your bird to eat healthy things without them knowing it. You can pretty much hide anything in birdie bread and they just think "Ooooo bread." I hide a full cup of chop in their bread, I just puree it. You could feed your conures in mealtimes, I do breakfast, then their snacks they have to go forage for, then dinner, then their snacks to find again. And bedtime? 10-12 hrs. of sleep each night. I think I covered all the bases 😅
Thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts