ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I would not- without the grate is is unusable as a cage, and I despise grates ...

(and it really wish I could afford a stainlees steel cage ... but the SS walk-in-aviaries are completely out of the question / 8000 dollar for a nice, large-ish cage is not do-able for me and probably never will ;P )

35 inches may sound large but is only half the amount of room the large macaws need just to spread their wings (51+ inches ) ..so no not really great for them. Unless just for sleeping.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
As an Amazon Snob, I'm not going to comment on size.

If the access doorway is located along one side of one face. This cage is going to be very difficult to service and a real pain to clean. With Amazon's my preference is to have the access door centered on a wide face and be full height of that face.

Verify bar thickness.

OP
T

Timneh

Oct 16, 2014
Illinois, Chicago suburbs
Parrots
Greenwing macaw baby girl
The cage has a grate and it is 48" wide, also like I said in my first post they moved the door on the wide side, shows on the photos below the main ad photo if you look again.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It looks like a nice cage to me. But I have a very large cage for my GCC abd with only one access door it is a big pain to attach toys and perches, as mine is close to four feet deep so my arms can't reach abd I can't reach both sides at once for perches. I won't ever get a cage with one access door again! So that might be something you want to think about, because it's very frustrating. I myself like the side offset door though, I think that allows better use of space

Last edited:

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Nike's cage has food doors just like that one and I constantly use them to reach through into the cage to affix a perch or to add something when I don't want Nike racing out the main door. Those food doors swing wide open and provide good access.....or a great way to escape ;)

OP
T

Timneh

Oct 16, 2014
Illinois, Chicago suburbs
Parrots
Greenwing macaw baby girl
It looks like a nice cage to me. But I have a very large cage for my GCC abd with only one access door it is a big pain to attach toys and perches, as mine is close to four feet deep so my arms can't reach abd I can't reach both sides at once for perches. I won't ever get a cage with one access door again! So that might be something you want to think about, because it's very frustrating. I myself like the side offset door though, I think that allows better use of space

All the macaw cages have only one door, never seen a macaw cage with more than one door.

Most Reactions