Anyone else have a parrotlet who sounds like a budgie??

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
Pictures.

Attachments

• PXL_20211016_215829496.jpg
    PXL_20211016_215829496.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20210215_193421259.jpg
    PXL_20210215_193421259.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 76

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Aww...your parrotlet is so cute! And occasionally, Cricket (my parrotlet) will imitate the noises of my budgies. He doesn't do it very often, but he does sometimes. He has a little parrotlet-esque chirp mixed in with it, though. Won't imitate budgie noises perfectly.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Gose as I sit here is squawking up a storm and I realize she sound just like the breeders flock of budgies from where I got her...

Too funny what they pick up.

I have a budgie, Valentino, who is SO good at impersonating both my cockatiel and my lorikeet that I literally cannot tell who is doing the squawking unless I'm looking straight at 'em!

Your little Gose is very cute, btw :)

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
I call her Goose half the time xD

She is a little spitfire.

She was supposed to be a breeder bird and was bought with such intensions but unfortunately was handraised by herself with no other birds.

So the breeder I got her from told me she hates other birds but loves people.... Which is why she ended up with me. I'm used to birds that hate other birds unfortunately.

So she is kinda a rescue baby. But loved. Very much loved xD.

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Yep, I do! :D Little Sam here loves to copy my budgies and sometimes I can not say who is singing :)

She is a little spitfire.
I am sure she is. Parrotlets have such amazing personalities!

she hates other birds but loves people....
Same thing here with Sam. He is so sweet that I could not believe my eyes when I approached him to the budgies cage and he tried to attack Bud (the budgie that Sam learned to copy).

By the way, Bud never stops singing even when sleeping, so I guess Sam learning to "talk budgie" was not that hard for him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts