Anyone else’s budgie struggle to physically eat pellets? 🤔

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
Hi there! So I’ve been trying to introduce Cozy to Tops Pellets. She is willing to try them, however when I present them to her she doesn’t know how to actually bite them and eat them. I bought the ones made for tiny hook bills soooo not sure what to do about this. Suggestions? Thoughts? Commiseration?

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Cotton doesn't "get" them either. I usually cut them up smaller or crush them and mix them in with his other food.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
What I do to get my budgies to eat pellets is I grind up their pellets into a soft powder then spray some water on their seeds and sprinkle the ground pellets, so the pellets powder would stick on the seeds and that would trick them to eat the pellets.

OP
CosiGirl

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
What I do to get my budgies to eat pellets is I grind up their pellets into a soft powder then spray some water on their seeds and sprinkle the ground pellets, so the pellets powder would stick on the seeds and that would trick them to eat the pellets.
Thanks for the tip!

OP
CosiGirl

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
And thanks for the tip!
Cotton doesn't "get" them either. I usually cut them up smaller or crush them and mix them in with his other food.
And thanks for the tip!

Most Reactions