anyone know anything about this?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
It's a glorified pet shop/bird show/tourist come-on with a new twist.....they will sell you a baby bird, if that's what you want.....the birds are on the pricy side.....like uptown NYC prices.....

But then everything's pricy in Pigeon Forge during tourist season ! ! !

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
What concerns me is that their mission includes captive breeding of the parrots "to help prevent the danger of extinction." That is total double talk, as i see it. How r they helping to keep suns, macaws, toos, etc from extinction by filling up their park with more birds that there are plenty of in homes and reacues and breeders? How does it help to send excited tourists home with a cute baby bird that may very well be an impulse purchase while on vacation. I looke over their website and did't find mention of any avian causes that they support.. Maybe they do, but usually an org like this will use it as part of their marketing on sites and brochures.

Most Reactions

Latest posts