Anyone know where I can buy a pink, girly cage with a seed catcher under $220?

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
I'm looking for a cage that is pink (preferably) must have a seed catcher, and have a perch on the roof. I won't mind a blue cage or even that marbled black look. I'm just trying to avoid white, and beige.. Very boring. The cage is to fit a green cheek conure, so as I was told 20x20x28 minimum in size. If your link doesn't show you can PM me. I'm looking to pay a good price under $230 but prefer something under $200. $230 is my max. Thanks in advance.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
we have this cage for our black cap and I really like it. ours is on a stand and this one doesn't seem to be which is weird. It's not pink but it is a very nice looking textured black with an acrylic front. It doesn't have a seed guard that sticks out, but it has panels around the bottom to keep the seeds in, which I really like because our big cage has the normal seed guards and with them on it takes up a bunch of space and they are a super PITA to clean, although it does keep her messes off the floor. This cage is a few inches smaller than what you had listed but if you plan on having your GCC out pretty often it should be fine. You should check out craigslist, you can get second hand cages for a really reasonable price.
Super Pet EZ Care Bow Front Mini Playtop Bird Cage at PETCO

OP
Pinkstiletto66

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
Yea, I've been waiting to hear from someone on CL. No avail. The first cage looks like its on pegs with no stand. The second one I was looking at on ebay, as well as some other sites, but wanted a matching base. The base on that is white. Let's see if the board gets busy.. You know what.. I'm going to google to see if I find one. Duhh.. Lol.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I know, as soon as billy's previous owner texted me a picture, I was like, Apple has that cage! lol The only thing that I don't really like about it is that it only has 3 bowls inside the cage, and I have gotten used to having a bowl for water, pellets, seeds and veggies and now I have to mix his pellets and seeds together. It's not that big of a deal though because there are two bowls on the playstand as well. I have been thinking of buying another attachable dish for the inside though. Also, make sure you don't use glass cleaner on acrylic(not that I would use glass cleaner on a bird cage anyway) but it seems the old owner used some on ours because the front is all foggy looking now :/

BirdieNumNum

Oct 19, 2011
NY/NJ
Parrots
1 Pineapple GCC
2 Cockatiels
2 Budgies
Bird-safe Painting Tips

Not sure if I am giving good advice or not.. but if you can find a 100% safe way to paint a bird cage pink (give it a lot of time to dry and whatnot, at least a week!) then would it be safe? I tried searching "pink cage" on google and the only pink cages that exist are too small for a conure, or have the wrong bar spacing.

BirdieNumNum

Oct 19, 2011
NY/NJ
Parrots
1 Pineapple GCC
2 Cockatiels
2 Budgies
That's a great idea!! I'm not sure where you could actually have a cage powder-coated (I'm a DIY person, I usually don't think about 'where can I go to have it done') but that's probably much better than spray painting it yourself with "bird-safe paint" and "waiting a week." There has to be some place you can go to have a cage powder coated.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
If you are looking to buy a cage and then have it powder coated a special color, your best bet is to either talk around and try to find someone that does powder coating or look for a local business that does it. I have a friend that has done it for years and i was going to have him do some rims for me but never got around to it. The only word of caution I will give is that powder coating isn't cheap, even when I was offered the "friend price" I know it was still going to cost a pretty penny to have 4 small(13'') car rims painted. I can't remember because it was a few years ago but it is a pretty labor intensive process. Oh, and I feel bad for that poor owl in that tiny cage in that link, I keep seeing pictures of these birds in cages they can barely move in, with no food/water/toys, being sold on roadsides, what's up with that anyway?

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
If you ever want to photograph your bird in the cage, dark colours are best...

OP
Pinkstiletto66

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
Poor owls. :( Yea that sounds like a costly thing. I think I will just have to settle for a color already made.

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
You can get brightly coloured, non toxic, rubber based paint in almost any hue if you special order it. We used to use it in our koi ponds to create depth (a light to dark gradient down the pond liner) and on the back of our aquariums, actually INSIDE the tank, not panted on the outside wall. Once cured it was non toxic and did not 'leech' anything toxic into the water... I don't know if that would hold true for a bird actually DIGESTING it, though. And not ALL ruber based paints are non toxic. I believe some small cages like this.

1401-small-bird-cage_tn.jpg

Are 'dipped' in such paint as part of the manufacturing process to coat the wire and colour the cage (which is why on older cages the paint lifts and you can peel it away, it gets quite pliable after a few years.)... It might be ok for smaller birds, but I could see a conure or similar chipping and eating it. I would not recommend it, go for powder coating if you are serious about this.

I have a friend with an electric blue cage. She picked up an old cage at a garage sale for 20 bucks, had it sand blasted for $50 (removes all the old paint and strips it to the metal) and then powder coated in her selected colour for under $150. But unless you can get a cage of the right side cheap, thats not very feasible, and it involves a lot of work and transporting the thing to/from places.

Most Reactions