Apparently she is more bonded to me than I thought...

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
So, ziggy, the bird that I thought just tolerated being handled apparently actually LIKES me! She is super quiet all the time, I left the room earlier to make dinner and she left out a little squawk. I didn't think much of it until I just went to go to the bathroom and as soon as I walked out of the room she started squawking again lol. She wasn't left alone either, my boyfriend and the dog were both still in the room with her. While I don't really want another crazy dependent bird, I have to say that I was a little flattered:p I ended up having to take her to the bathroom with me so she didn't wake up our room mates asleep in the next room lol.

Amps

Apr 30, 2011
Bardstown, Kentucky ( bourbon capital of the world
Parrots
Lily (Lillian) a spoiled cockatiel
Haha that's awesome. Lily does the same thing, and if I don't come back into the room soon enough, she'll come looking for me. You better watch out, or you'll have to start carrying her around on Your shoulder everywhere like I have to do :).

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Yea, I definitely don't want that, normally I wouldn't have rewarded that kind of behavior by coming back for her, but our room mates are right on the other side of the wall from us and they were asleep so I didn't want her yelling. They are actually moving out at the end of the month and we are switching rooms and taking the two bedrooms on the first floor so then she will be able to make as much noise as she wants, which, honestly, before today was none lol.

Most Reactions