Apple wood

Tziporiah

Oct 6, 2021
Media
Indianapolis
Parrots
I have a timna African gray and a Senegal
Hello everyone, a friend of mine gave me some cuttings off her apple tree. They were still green when she gave them to me but it has been over a month. Do I still sterilize them now that they are dry
Thank you

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Regardless of how long between the point that they where cut from a live tree, one still needs to properly clean any wood branches to assure that they are clean.

Commonly, fruit wood is not recommended for Parrots as by their very growth, they are subject to regularly spraying with chemicals to limit bug infestation. Although, spraying is far less now, most farm and backyard fruit trees are sprayed.

I have not seen a change from removing fruit trees from the do not use lists.

OP
T

Tziporiah

Oct 6, 2021
Media
Indianapolis
Parrots
I have a timna African gray and a Senegal
Regardless of how long between the point that they where cut from a live tree, one still needs to properly clean any wood branches to assure that they are clean.

Commonly, fruit wood is not recommended for Parrots as by their very growth, they are subject to regularly spraying with chemicals to limit bug infestation. Although, spraying is far less now, most farm and backyard fruit trees are sprayed.

I have not seen a change from removing fruit trees from the do not use lists.
I got these branches from a lady who lived out in the country and she told me that the trees were not sprayed

Most Reactions

Latest posts