Are any of these air fresheners parrot safe?

petbirds101

Jul 16, 2021
Good evening, I know sprays and candles are harmful to parrots due to their sensitive respiratory systems so i am sure to never use those anywhere around my birds, but i was wondering if any of these air fresheners where less strong and safer to use around them. First are the Glade Solid Air Fresheners, Air Neutralizing Gel Beads, and the Scented Fragrance Sachet Pouch. Since these don't burn into the air i thought they may be safe but I don't want to risk it until i'm sure.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Hi. All of those are potentially deadly! We know of someone, who adding another bird to her flock, also plugged in only one more Glade! She woke up to a house full of dead birds!
These volatile oil really aren?t safe for us either!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I avoid all air fresheners! Old realtor trick of boiling a pot of water with natural vanilla extract works well. (usual admonition to avoid pots with Teflon or similar coatings)

leelf1

Jul 21, 2021
In addition to adding vanilla to a pot of boiling water, cinnamon sticks broken into the water works as well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts