Are the feathers on my B&G alright?

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
The feathers do look a little rough to me...
We have many members here who will give you advice and support.
They'll probably suggest/inquire about an avian vet consultation/exam as a first step in answering any questions about a bird's condition.
Good for you, for reaching out for help.
Your bird's expression is pricelessly sweet!!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am guessing this is the B&G that you saw on Craig's list, yes? Did they provide any information regarding the age of the MAC. Any pass history, last Avian Vet Visit, Name of the last Vet visited, etc...? Past diet?

The 'general' body feathers appear a bit ratty and possibly in need of a good bath.

The concern is the chest feathers (Gold Feathers) in which some plucking appears to be occurring.

Since, it is likely that little or no history was provided, let alone a Vet seen. Its off to your Certified Avian Vet for a New Parrot Examination with Blood Testing and verification of its sex (DNA) test. The CAV will also take a close look at the feathers including the area that is getting plucked.

Make sure that your get a written evaluation of your MAC from the CAV!

Call Monday and get an appointment set!

Last edited:
OP
D

DeanK

Apr 15, 2017
I am guessing this is the B&G that you saw on Craig's list, yes? Did they provide any information regarding the age of the MAC. Any pass history, last Avian Vet Visit, Name of the last Vet visited, etc...? Past diet?

The 'general' body feathers appear a bit ratty and possibly in need of a good bath.

The concern is the chest feathers (Gold Feathers) in which some plucking appears to be occurring.

Since, it is likely that little or no history was provided, let alone a Vet seen. Its off to your Certified Avian Vet for a New Parrot Examination with Blood Testing and verification of its sex (DNA) test. The CAV will also take a close look at the feathers including the area that is getting plucked.

Make sure that your get a written evaluation of your MAC from the CAV!

Call Monday and get an appointment set!
Will do. Thanks for the reply

Most Reactions

Latest posts