Are these seeds safe for sprouting?

erlabella

Jan 15, 2018
Media
Faroe Islands
Parrots
2 Budgies, Nacho & Rocky.
Iā€™m really interested in trying sprouting seeds for my parrots, as itā€™s proven to be very healthy for them. I have bought a sprouting mix with different types of seeds/grains/legumes which include: Lentils, peas, chickpeas, adzuki beans, mung beans, wheat, broccoli, red radish and mustard. Are all of these safe for sprouting?

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I'm fairly new to sprouting myself but that seems like a good mix that you have there. I am actually making a batch now and it is almost ready to serve. Actually it would be great to start a new thread and get a feel for what other members do for sprouting and any tips/tricks for beginners.

I use the Volkman's cockatiel seed mix and I let them sprout (well-rinsed) for about 3-4 days before the batch gets an apple cider vinegar bath and then its ready to serve.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I have heard the occasional cautionary tale about mold or such, so be really sure to rinse rinse rinse and don't store it unrefrigerated, or for long.

Right, members?

condobirds

Jul 13, 2018
I have been sprouting for years. I have a sprouting tower with mason jars and get my mix from China Praire along with the grapefruit extract. My birds love it, even the finches. Start a batch to finish in about 2 1/2 days. Yes, rinse, rinse, rinse and refrigerate when sprouting done.

Most Reactions

Latest posts