Are they a male and a female?

Sonjaaa

Feb 9, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel, Quaker
21F98B9A-308A-4ACE-87F4-40FB12EA6080.jpeg
1053876A-25E4-47D3-9734-92C6EE32B4AB.jpeg49C0D2ED-0782-4928-8ABB-0DB31A26C062.jpeg

OP
S

Sonjaaa

Feb 9, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel, Quaker
I got the first blue one and I was told that he is a male. He is a rehomed bird. He bearly eat or drink since I got him about a week ago. And then I bought the green one from a breeder. He is very smart and brave and outgoing. After he came, the blue one started to drink and eat happily. It seems that I made a good decision.😊

Now I would like to ask if they are two males or a male and a female or they are too young to tell?

Thank you!

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Guessing the (presumed) blue opaline spangle is a female. Females usually have that light-blue cere before they reach maturity.

I think the green spangle is a male, because of the dark purple cere color that males have before they reach maturity.

Both birds are about four months old or younger, you can tell by the bars on their face going all the way down to their cere.

Please, DON'T BREED THEM! I'm really sorry to have to say this, but unfortunately we still live in a world where people think either budgies need to breed to live a fufilled life, or that you can't stop budgies from breeding without separating them. If you would like more info, please ask.

The reason why I said that was because many people breed budgies and barley know anything about it, not because I thought you would breed them.

OP
S

Sonjaaa

Feb 9, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel, Quaker
Guessing the (presumed) blue opaline spangle is a female. Females usually have that light-blue cere before they reach maturity.

I think the green spangle is a male, because of the dark purple cere color that males have before they reach maturity.

Both birds are about four months old or younger, you can tell by the bars on their face going all the way down to their cere.

Please, DON'T BREED THEM! I'm really sorry to have to say this, but unfortunately we still live in a world where people think either budgies need to breed to live a fufilled life, or that you can't stop budgies from breeding without separating them. If you would like more info, please ask.

The reason why I said that was because many people breed budgies and barley know anything about it, not because I thought you would breed them.
Thank you! But

If I don’t hang a nid , they will not breed. Is that correct? I have never breeding a bird before.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Thank you! But

If I don’t hang a nid , they will not breed. Is that correct? I have never breeding a bird before.
Make sure they get 12-14 hours of sleep a night, and no nesting boxes or any boxes or nests.

Most Reactions

Latest posts