As usual, Male or Female?

Smay2010

Oct 12, 2019
North Carolina
Parrots
Lutino Parakeet
2DA2FC87-6F47-485F-95A6-82EC42457F98.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

His/her nose is definitely pink with white around the nostrils. He/she is Lutino.:yellow2:

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
How old? I vote you have a cute little feathered gentleman there.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
He is an ino, therefore the cere will not go blue/purple. Pink in inos means boy. You have a boy there. A hen would be much paler in the cere.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Does this help a bit? I can't seem to find better photos online.

Attached photo is a screenshot from: https://www.cutelittlebirdiesaviary.com/budgie-genders--3-weeks-to-adult.html

Obviously I can not be 100% sure, but as a budgie breeder I would marking yours down as a boy and considering future mates for him from the ladies(if he were one of mine, I mean).

I have inos in my flock(s). Both lutinos and albinos. I am not an expert, but I have some experience in sexing young inos.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts