Asking about my ringneck babies

Taju825

Jul 28, 2021
Hey I'm new to this forum and don't know how to post my issue, so randomly chosen this post to post my query on my Indian Ring neck baby which is almost 4 month completed and after a month it lost its tail as i caged it started to get hyper and while it was flapping wings it tail broke then by time i started to see bronzing on 3rd month and color of my baby parrot became dull and bronzing in feathers, i don't know whether it's actual bronzing or its normal for baby parrots and now recently it's started to lose feathers in head and it's bothering me alot, anyone with good knowledge on these issues who can help me if it's facing problem or tell me it's normal and reason why this is happening initially on babies:green2:

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
4 months seems a little early for molting. Can you post a picture and list diet?

OP
T

Taju825

Jul 28, 2021
These are pictures pls check and give me suggestion, Diet consists of Nuts and fruits and veggies and White rice.

26342d1627828304-asking-about-my-ringneck-babies-img-20210801-wa0035.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20210801-WA0035.jpg
    IMG-20210801-WA0035.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Hmm I think you have a deficiency somewhere or a viral or parasite issue. I feed my IRN vitamin supplements and seed mix ( Not that great as non sprouted seeds blocks vitamin and mineral absorption- she’s not a fan of sprouted so I do what I can) with lots of fruits and veggies. Occasionally they also get cheese. IRNs are from India and they have a very rich diet in the wild unlike other parrots who really have to forage for their food. I was having issues with my birds feathers- she kept mutilating her tail and wing feathers. After giving her a feather supplement she is now flying (maybe 2 to 3 months?). Do you have vet you can consult with about your bird’s diet? I went on amazon and looked at reviews and I got I believe 2 different kinds of feather supplements. The one my birds liked the most The Missinf Link the Original superfood supplement Avian formula - for Plumage, Engergy and Digestion.

Also be aware rice naturally contains arsenic so I personally try to keep it very limited in my birds diet (the don’t get it unless it’s in a treat or something I didn’t personally make). There is a rolled oats brand I use (chemicals free) I believe the brand is One
Feather loss on the head could be something deeper like a viral or parasite infection. I would really consult with your avian vets . My bird was mutilating her feathers not just losing them and she went to the vet ruling out anything health wise going on. It was then determined that she had a behavioral issue or her feathers were growing in were hurting her (she had severe clipped wings when I got her and few health issues) I went the nutrition route because it was the only thing left to do.

Last edited:
OP
T

Taju825

Jul 28, 2021
I'm basically from India Southern part and i have raised IRN from childhood and diet I've followed was same but this cute one is getting bronzing in feathers and not recovering back and requesting you to kindly suggest me a good supplement for feathers and vet i have got appointment will check and if necessary will do deworming of required.

Most Reactions

Latest posts