Ate a Toxic Plant!

Teddscau

Sep 25, 2015
Media
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Budgies: Sunshine, Blanco, Azure; Peach-faced lovebirds: Rosie and Jaybird; YSA: Jasper (♀)
Fudge, what do I do? I think it might be a pothos. Noah didn't eat a whole lot, but what do I do? How do I dilute it? All the vets are closed! He ate it like 10 minutes ago. Maybe a mouthful or two. What do I do????

OP
Teddscau

Teddscau

Sep 25, 2015
Media
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Budgies: Sunshine, Blanco, Azure; Peach-faced lovebirds: Rosie and Jaybird; YSA: Jasper (♀)
Okay, good news, I think it's just a philodendron. It contains substances that cause irritation to the mucous membranes. So, to translate it, "bad for mammals, fine(ish) for parrots." Nothing toxic in the true sense of the word. Or at least just mildly irritating for parrots. He's fine.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Okay, good news, I think it's just a philodendron. It contains substances that cause irritation to the mucous membranes. So, to translate it, "bad for mammals, fine(ish) for parrots." Nothing toxic in the true sense of the word. Or at least just mildly irritating for parrots. He's fine.

Go to the Amazon Forum and the second Sticky Thread is: I Love Amazons - ... Very near if not the last Segment of that huge Thread is a Segment that speaks to Emergency (First) Aid Kit. Near the end of that Segment is a Contact for Poison Emergencies! Copy that Segment and keep it handy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts