Aussie Bites - can I share them?

DexMom

Jul 18, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Dexter, SI Eclectus
Would you share a bit of these Aussie Bites with your parrot as an occasional treat? Not a perfect food, but doesn't look too terrible. Or am I missing something?

348s.jpg

Ingredients:
Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Oat Flour, Organic Unsalted Butter, Organic Canola Oil, Organic Dried Apricots, Organic Sugar, Organic Cane and Invert Sugar, Organic Raisins, Organic Flax Seeds, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Honey, Organic Shredded Coconut, Organic Quinoa, Organic Chia Seeds, Sea Salt, Baking Soda, Organic Vanilla.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Would you share a bit of these Aussie Bites with your parrot as an occasional treat? Not a perfect food, but doesn't look too terrible. Or am I missing something?

348s.jpg

Ingredients:
Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Oat Flour, Organic Unsalted Butter, Organic Canola Oil, Organic Dried Apricots, Organic Sugar, Organic Cane and Invert Sugar, Organic Raisins, Organic Flax Seeds, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Honey, Organic Shredded Coconut, Organic Quinoa, Organic Chia Seeds, Sea Salt, Baking Soda, Organic Vanilla.

Possibly these ingredients. But it's not a perfect life is it? :)

OP
DexMom

DexMom

Jul 18, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Dexter, SI Eclectus
I was a bit concerned about the sugar and salt, but had no idea that baking soda is problematic for birds. Thanks for pointing that out because it's an ingredient I never would have thought to look for.

I'm not big on sharing processed people food with Dexter, but he was practically rattling the bars wanting a bite of this at breakfast this morning (we eat together) and it made me wonder if I could share a bit.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Like I said it's not a perfect world. Relating to your post, I am a soft touch and would probably give a tiny morsel. But, making sure next time I had them I was prepared with something of their own that was better. Baking Soda - do they eat it in the wild IMO?

Most Reactions