Awful person yelling at Quaker on Reddit

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Some woman posted a reddit video today of her yelling at her Quaker, apparently because he bit her previously.

She is IN HIS FACE being loud about something that happened earlier and then gets more upset when the bird gets frightened and gets louder and bobs. Then continues to chew the poor bird out for swearing. (The day before she posted a “funny” video of the Quaker saying “f)&k you!”).

I am so mad. This is a cute nice bird, but he has a wound from being bitten by another bird and she is yelling at him. This bird talks really well but the owner is just a creep.

And I can’t find any rules that say you cannot yell at your bird on that forum. So I can’t report it.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Poor guy! I hate it when people treat parrots or any animal like that! Especially when there's nothing you can do about it 😞

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
The bird wasn’t even doing anything naughty either. And then I realized she was the nice lady who had taught him to say, “f&$k you!” in the video from the day before.

Makes me upset.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I would report it anyways, the animal pages on reddit tend to be pretty strict about not allowing that kind of content.

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
That person has just exited the forum. I didn’t report them because I thought it didn’t qualify and couldn’t find moderator addresses to message directly.

But I told them what I saw going on. She and another person were snotty but suddenly—gone.

Poor Quaker. It could talk well, and sing, but she just ranted at the bird. Strange.

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
Senegal (RIP: 5/21/94-10/20/21)
Some woman posted a reddit video today of her yelling at her Quaker, apparently because he bit her previously.

She is IN HIS FACE being loud about something that happened earlier and then gets more upset when the bird gets frightened and gets louder and bobs. Then continues to chew the poor bird out for swearing. (The day before she posted a “funny” video of the Quaker saying “f)&k you!”).

I am so mad. This is a cute nice bird, but he has a wound from being bitten by another bird and she is yelling at him. This bird talks really well but the owner is just a creep.

And I can’t find any rules that say you cannot yell at your bird on that forum. So I can’t report it.
I am as mad as you are. I want to do the same to her too

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
The bird looked and acted like my deceased Lucy. A slightly battered green with a lot of attitude and spunk. I was polite to the owner and explained what was scaring the Quaker and she and her pals mocked me. But that’s not the way to have a happy bird. And hearing it say “fucking bird” just broke my heart. My Lucy only heard “shut up” once. She told me to “be quiet” but I did not yell at her and sure didn’t swear at her.

Anyhow…assholes exist. I hope Steven the bird has a nice life. Maybe she will be rehomed from this lousy human.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This reminds me of something equally terrible I saw on FB a few weeks ago before deleting my acc. This terrible human was chasing around his 4 or 5 birds (who were clipped so they had trouble flying), with a dowel, laughing and saying “fly!” And he posted it on FB and said “how I keep my bird exercising! 😝😜” or something like that. The birds were literally flying away from him as he approached and were obviously scared and stressed.

Or a video I saw on TikTok that genuinely made me very angry and physically ill just seeing it. It was this 16 or so year old dude (DEFINITELY OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING IS VERY WRONG.) and he spun a janky wheel and said “I’m feeling devious today.” And he grabbed a crushed up plastic water bottle and threw it at this senior Amazon (it wasn’t even his, it was like his grandfather or friend’s bird, which somehow makes it worse) and it missed the bird by a mere hair.

Point of this whole comment is, people are awful. I know, not everyone is bad but so many of these people who somehow are able to own any animal, are just plain malicious and evil. The cruelty laws should be a lot stricter than they currently are but they aren’t. And the woman you mentioned here? She is no exception. I hope her birds fly away and end up finding good homes, because hers clearly isn’t.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
This reminds me of something equally terrible I saw on FB a few weeks ago before deleting my acc. This terrible human was chasing around his 4 or 5 birds (who were clipped so they had trouble flying), with a dowel, laughing and saying “fly!” And he posted it on FB and said “how I keep my bird exercising! 😝😜” or something like that. The birds were literally flying away from him as he approached and were obviously scared and stressed.

Or a video I saw on TikTok that genuinely made me very angry and physically ill just seeing it. It was this 16 or so year old dude (DEFINITELY OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING IS VERY WRONG.) and he spun a janky wheel and said “I’m feeling devious today.” And he grabbed a crushed up plastic water bottle and threw it at this senior Amazon (it wasn’t even his, it was like his grandfather or friend’s bird, which somehow makes it worse) and it missed the bird by a mere hair.

Point of this whole comment is, people are awful. I know, not everyone is bad but so many of these people who somehow are able to own any animal, are just plain malicious and evil. The cruelty laws should be a lot stricter than they currently are but they aren’t. And the woman you mentioned here? She is no exception. I hope her birds fly away and end up finding good homes, because hers clearly isn’t.
I am not a violent person at all but I would like to chase that guy around myself while swinging a baseball bat laughing and yelling "run, run, run" and see how he likes it! There is a special place in hell for people who abuse animals. A couple of bad cops up here in Maine got arrested and fired about a year ago for beating innocent porcupines to death. They had videotaped the abuse and posted it somewhere. Disgusting. That and people who deliberately run over or beat TURTLES, usually snapping turtles, which are such amazing animals! I would definitely starve before I ate any kind of turtle.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I am not a violent person at all but I would like to chase that guy around myself while swinging a baseball bat laughing and yelling "run, run, run" and see how he likes it! There is a special place in hell for people who abuse animals. A couple of bad cops up here in Maine got arrested and fired about a year ago for beating innocent porcupines to death. They had videotaped the abuse and posted it somewhere. Disgusting. That and people who deliberately run over or beat TURTLES, usually snapping turtles, which are such amazing animals! I would definitely starve before I ate any kind of turtle.

LMAO OMG THAT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! The thought of a kind old soul chasing around a 20 or so year old dude while swinging a baseball bat genuinely makes me cackle and brings me pure joy.

There truly is. Animal abusers and supporters of animal abusers deserve to go to a special place in hell. It’s just for them and all the particularly awful people in the world.

Oh my god. Porcupines? That’s just cruel. They are such peaceful critters, why did those vile creatures attack and kill the porcupines? I’m glad they were arrested and fired. They should be forced to eat cold canned beans on white bread with bacon burned to ash and eggshells for breakfast in prison every single day and have their crimes known to the other inmates.

People run over turtles?! What the absolute heck?! Turtles are such innocent creatures! They don’t deserve such an awful fate! Thinking about that, and the cases I have seen on Dr K’s exotic animal ER where tortoises get hit by cars, sends chills down my spine. It’s horrible.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Some people just shouldn’t have pets. That’s sad that someone was yelling at their parrot for biting. If someone yelled at any of my parrots for biting they are going to bite more because they got attention. Someone would essentially be teaching my parrots to bite by reacting in anyway.

Last edited:

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Some people just shouldn’t have pets. That’s sad that someone was yelling at their parrot for biting. If someone yelled at any of my parrots for biting they are going to bite more because they got attention. Someone would essentially be teaching my parrots to bite by reacting in anyway.
That woman shouldn’t be within a mile of any animal, and within 5 miles of a bird. If someone yelled at my bird for biting, they would immediately be kicked out of my house and no longer welcomed back, along with being bitten by Rico. People who are mean or cruel to animals deserve to be shunned or exiled from society.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
That woman shouldn’t be within a mile of any animal, and within 5 miles of a bird. If someone yelled at my bird for biting, they would immediately be kicked out of my house and no longer welcomed back, along with being bitten by Rico. People who are mean or cruel to animals deserve to be shunned or exiled from society.
I don’t even want to get on the subject of teaching parrots to use profanity. When I first got Nico he did swear. He used the words “c***”, “oh shit”, and “f*cker” a lot. I didn’t find the humor in it. It took awhile of only giving treats, and praise when he said his name, or words that didn’t consist of profanity for him not to say them any longer. I told everyone to ignore him when he swore, and never to react as I didn’t want him to continue. He comes to family events with me, and vacations. He goes to a retirement park with me to visit my family. It wasn’t fair to Nico what he was taught.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I don’t even want to get on the subject of teaching parrots to use profanity. When I first got Nico he did swear. He used the words “c***”, “oh shit”, and “f*cker” a lot. I didn’t find the humor in it. It took awhile of only giving treats, and praise when he said his name, or words that didn’t consist of profanity for him not to say them any longer. I told everyone to ignore him when he swore, and never to react as I didn’t want him to continue. He comes to family events with me, and vacations. He goes to a retirement park with me to visit my family. It wasn’t fair to Nico what he was taught.
Parrots, of course, don't know they're using profanity and some swear words are worse than others, but teaching a parrot to curse like a sailor is disrespectful to such a dignified creature. Parrots can be charmingly funny but they are not bad comedy props.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I personally don’t like it when birds swear. It gives the wrong idea, even if it was intentionally taught and it’s not funny. I ALWAYS think of it this way: children absorb and repeat what they hear in their homes, and parrots are like children and do the same. When a young child is swearing and saying things like “I f***ing hate you!” Or “f**k you.” Or “c**t.”, people grow concerned, fast. But when a parrot does it, it’s suddenly the funniest thing in the world. It’s not funny, it’s just concerning and tasteless. If you want to teach them to say something funny, make it a short funny phrase like “I’m a chicken nugget!” Or “screw the cracker, Gimme seeb!” Not “son of a b***h!” Or “f**k you!” Because it isn’t funny. It’s juvenile and tasteless.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I personally don’t like it when birds swear. It gives the wrong idea, even if it was intentionally taught and it’s not funny. I ALWAYS think of it this way: children absorb and repeat what they hear in their homes, and parrots are like children and do the same. When a young child is swearing and saying things like “I f***ing hate you!” Or “f**k you.” Or “c**t.”, people grow concerned, fast. But when a parrot does it, it’s suddenly the funniest thing in the world. It’s not funny, it’s just concerning and tasteless. If you want to teach them to say something funny, make it a short funny phrase like “I’m a chicken nugget!” Or “screw the cracker, Gimme seeb!” Not “son of a b***h!” Or “f**k you!” Because it isn’t funny. It’s juvenile and tasteless.
EXACTLY. If someone taught a two year old to curse like that (it would be easy to do) there wouldn't be anything funny about it except to immature idiots.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
EXACTLY. If someone taught a two year old to curse like that (it would be easy to do) there wouldn't be anything funny about it except to immature idiots.
I have heard small children (couldn’t have been older than 6) saying the most racist things. And I am not talking about 9 year olds on call of duty lobbies or the 10 year olds (and grown men) swearing and being absolutely abhorrent in ARK servers, no, I am talking about an innocent looking kid, saying some slurs that would get them beaten in public if they said that as an adult. And a few older kids were snickering while I was just gobsmacked, slack jawed, and bulged eyes. I was mortified to see a little kid saying those awful things and those older kids encouraging it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts