Baby budgie!

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
I meant to get on and tell from the beginning, but so much has gone on here! Still is!
I just wanted to show you all what I just look in on after there being 6 eggs just a couple hours before!

Better yet... anyway I can upload a video?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Congratulations on your new babies! You must be so excited!!

Best (and most foolproof way) I've found to post video is to upload it to YouTube and link it from there. If you have a YouTube account I can give you some step by step pointers from there - it's easy!

Soooo looking forward to your pics!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Fabulous! Looking forward to baby videos real soon :)

OP
Lunalie

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
[ame="https://youtu.be/qjwBBHJDMOY"]https://youtu.be/qjwBBHJDMOY[/ame]

Should be up soon if I did it right. It's been awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Lunalie

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
I literally just saw the 6 eggs a couple hours a
Before, but knew it was soon from the tweeting I could hear in the egg. �� �� few hours later it was louder so I expected to see more shell, but I'm guessing I saw he/she in their egg as they were and working on coming out. Can't wait for my kids to wake and see. :) We thought things may have happen after one of our kittens frightened them in the middle of the night including her in the nest box. I can tell some will not hatch, but others still have veins and one other looks close as well. Honestly, I can only really tell 2 and this one was one, but I dont candle a lot and not long so we will see! I just know I candled tbe day before the kitten frighten them in the middle of the night and all were developing fine. Including the one that should of came first last week. We will see!
I thought about removing the one I know isn't going to hatch, but thought since she kicked one out before I thought maybe she would do it when she is ready.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Woo hoo! Sweet babies!!

Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of re-posting your video. Sometimes I find I have to fiddle with mine so that they come up properly (there's probably a correct techie term for that but I don't know it!)

Looks like a beautiful mum who will make beautiful babies :smile015:

OP
Lunalie

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
Woo hoo! Sweet babies!!

Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of re-posting your video. Sometimes I find I have to fiddle with mine so that they come up properly (there's probably a correct techie term for that but I don't know it!)

Looks like a beautiful mum who will make beautiful babies :smile015:

I don't mind at all! :) Thank you!

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
So precious. First time breeding? I'll never forget how I felt seeing that first baby. <3 Every time I see a brand new baby it is a similar feeling, but that first time really is a magical experience. :) oh, hey wow cool I just realized we are in the same corner of the world! Howdy budgie-breeding neighbor!

OP
Lunalie

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
So precious. First time breeding? I'll never forget how I felt seeing that first baby. <3 Every time I see a brand new baby it is a similar feeling, but that first time really is a magical experience. :) oh, hey wow cool I just realized we are in the same corner of the world! Howdy budgie-breeding neighbor!

Yeah, first time! One of mine laid 3 eggs in June, but none were fertile. Just something I always wanted to do, but I'm not pushing it. lol if it happens, it happens. lol I'm ready though if anything happens, but Sage has been great! Raiden realized it earlier and was peeking. It was adorable.

OP
Lunalie

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
So, how often should I be checking on her? I know what to do when things go wrong, but I realized I don't want to be the reason something does go wrong by opening her box too much or is that silly?? lol

OP
Lunalie

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
Little one 9 days old... or 10? Lol I have to look at my book, but frok the top of my head 9 days. Haha
Uploaded a video on my channel for you all to see :)

[ame="https://youtu.be/q6uEBNctVaA"]baby budgie 9 days old! - YouTube[/ame]

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh my stars what a precious baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
What a gorgeous baby! And those sweet little yawnies - so adorable!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Without a doubt, cutest thing I've seen in... forever! What a sweet baby :)

OP
Lunalie

Lunalie

Jan 28, 2020
LaGrange KY
Parrots
10 parakeets
Hi all! I have a question! Should I remove the male for now from the cage? Because I caught them breeding last night. Only reason I am hesitant is because he feeds her (she still feeds herself too lol) I just thought it was something the daddy is suppose to do, but he doesn't feed the baby doesn't benefit from daddy in there. Worried she will lay too many when she still sitting on eggs that I plan on taking out today because I can tell they're not fertile and it's past the time any should. Don't want her become anemic or anything.
Ahhh just had to stop them as I was typing.
She still is taking care of her baby..

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I'm sorry Lunalie, I don't have any knowledge that I can share with you, but the threads linked below have lots of info from experienced breeders that you may be able to pick through info for some info that's relevant to you...

http://www.parrotforums.com/budgies-parakeets/79488-male-budgie-agression-towards-mate.html

http://www.parrotforums.com/budgies-parakeets/79442-help-mediating-aggressive-females-what-do.html

Hopefully someone with some hands-on experience will weigh in with some more specific advice for you soon!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Just bumpin' you up :)

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
It depends- CALLING ALL BUDGIE EXPERTS!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts