Baby parakeet

Parakeet_xoxo

Feb 9, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have a baby parakeet that is around 3 weeks old- starting the 4th week. It seems like it is unable to open its eyes. I think I only noticed it’s eyes open maybe around week 2 but slightly. I also noticed a decrease in feather growth as well. Has this happened to anyone’s baby bird ? Any ideas of what may have caused this?
Greatly appreciate it .

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello everyone,

I have a baby parakeet that is around 3 weeks old- starting the 4th week. It seems like it is unable to open its eyes. I think I only noticed it’s eyes open maybe around week 2 but slightly. I also noticed a decrease in feather growth as well. Has this happened to anyone’s baby bird ? Any ideas of what may have caused this?
Greatly appreciate it .
There are over 100 parakeet species
What kind of parakeet have you got?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello, the mother is a Blue and white budgie and the father is a yellow lutino budgie.
Cool. I think their eyes are closed most of the time in the first month. Just keep monitoring it and hopefully you'll see it progress.

OP
P

Parakeet_xoxo

Feb 9, 2024
Cool. I think their eyes are closed most of the time in the first month. Just keep monitoring it and hopefully you'll see it progress.
That’s what I also thought but I was concerned because her other babies in the past had seemed to open their eyes much sooner.

Most Reactions

Latest posts