Baby Parrots bite each other

Parootty

Apr 7, 2021
This is really serious and I need your help.
Here is a little background:
I have 2 2-month-old ringneck parrots. Meenu and meethu. We got them a huge cage with 2 perches and toys and moved them downstairs( they spent most of their time upstairs in my room but since it is getting hot we brought them downstairs in their new cage, I let them out for about 4 to 5 hours so they can stretch their wings)
it was their second day in the age and downstairs when I went to school and my family told me that they fought and meenu was inguryed. Another thing to note is that they fight like siblings sometimes over toys or food. As they came into the new cage, meenu loves to climb the wall and when meethu is climbing she will climb over him. He gets angry and growls but today he bit her and she is injured. I have no idea where this aggression is coming from please do help.

TheBabyBudgies

Jun 16, 2021
Texas
Parrots
I have 2 parakeets, lemon and Kiwi. They are adorable and energetic birds. Goodbye Berry... Promise to grow up in the sky with the others.
Most, parrots that are female and male like to fight and attack for multiple reasons. They might be defending an item or something that they treasure, defending territories, or asserting dominance. Few, questions to ask, "Are they stressed most of the time?" "Are there enough perches, swings, toys, space, food and water?" "Are they in a quiet or loud environment?" When you said that Meethu climbs over Meenu, it could possibly mean that meethu wants to be the Number 1 champion and be the toughest one in the house. Make sure that there are not bored and give them lots of attention. (Important Note: Take it to the vet if the bird is injured, even a tiny cut can cause a miserable fate. It is never okay if: feather is plucked, nipped foot, tackling each other, constant biting, and being harassed all the time. Indian RingNecks can be early bloomers and fertilize eggs at 1 years old. Hope This Helped! - Hunter

TheBabyBudgies

Jun 16, 2021
Texas
Parrots
I have 2 parakeets, lemon and Kiwi. They are adorable and energetic birds. Goodbye Berry... Promise to grow up in the sky with the others.
(Sorry to forget to add this) Every birds have emotion, Jealousy, Anger, Sadness, Happiness, and even empathy.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Hm. I assume you are having the injury tended-to. You may need to keep a second cage handy. IF they are fighting when you are not there to seaparate them, then you will need to separate them before you leave. Ideally the two cages should be next to each other so they can interact, visually and vocally, but not injure each other.

OP
P

Parootty

Apr 7, 2021
No, they mostly play with their toys or climb all over the cage, but then they suddenly start hitting. We thought the sudden change of environment, it is loud, caused it to leave them in their usual room to fly and have some time but constantly they hit eat other and are like turning in enemies..

Most Reactions

Latest posts