Baby ringnecks and BATHING!

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hey!

I have two baby IRN's who are a month old. So I know I'm not supposed to give them a shower but at what age exactly can I give them a shower because they're starting to stink and their feathers are starting to have a weird texture to them. Also, there's no proper info about it anywhere :(

Thanks for reading my worries I'm a big curious cat yikes. :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I would think once they have reasonable amount of feathering and the temperature is conducive to quick drying.

Easy way to introduce showering is with small liter-sized plastic bottles with adjustable nozzle and pump-action finger trigger. I purchase unused from "Dollar Stores" and fill with warm water. Begin with fine mist, spray upwards at an angle so falling droplets reach the birds as "rain." Over time you can increase droplet size and duration of the session.

OP
S

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
I would think once they have reasonable amount of feathering and the temperature is conducive to quick drying.

Easy way to introduce showering is with small liter-sized plastic bottles with adjustable nozzle and pump-action finger trigger. I purchase unused from "Dollar Stores" and fill with warm water. Begin with fine mist, spray upwards at an angle so falling droplets reach the birds as "rain." Over time you can increase droplet size and duration of the session.

Yup, I was thinking of doing that but I heard baby birds are more prone to pneumonia. Is that true??

Most Reactions

Latest posts