Baby sun conure

JaegertheCat

Sep 19, 2023
Parrots
Sun conure
I am getting one of these 3 month old baby sun conures tomorrow. What are some tips and tricks for helping them bond with me? I know hand feeding and interacting/talking to them daily helps but anything else that could help I'd like to know.

Attachments

• received_988322659048135.jpeg
    received_988322659048135.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 25

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Pick the bird that picks you, and .....

TRUST ME A SUN CONURE IS A LOVING, (but mischievous bird).

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Oh the one on the left, or the one on the right.......wait why not both?

I know it's hard, both look hardy. Again pick the one that picks you.......or both. My sun conure is THE shoulder bird out of the rest of my flock. They love humans. It's the most person bird I've ever had.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
How exciting! Congratulations! My biggest advice is to research, research, research if you haven’t already. Everything from diet, to how to read body language, good cage setups etc. I invested hours and hours of time into learning everything I could about green cheeks before my girl came home and it was SO worth it.

Otherwise I would say just remember to go at your bird’s pace. Learning to read their body language is key. Don’t force or rush interactions but instead build trust with patience. Your experience bringing home the bird will really vary depending on how socialized this baby is. I assume the baby was hand fed at least. If baby hasn’t been handled much yet it might take some more time to settle in. Remember to give him or her time to decompress in their new home.

Most Reactions

Latest posts