Backs for Caitec toys

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Tsali has almost all of the Caitec Foraging toys, no joke. We just can't seem to get enough. Although Tsali is very clever, sometimes his excitement causes toy abuse. Unfortunately we have a couple of toys with broken cage attachment thingies. If any one has broken Caitec toys with good backs, I would love to make a trade OR simply buy them out right.

Tsali and I thank you for reading our Foraging toy plea for help.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Our DYH Amazon has no love for Foraging toys and leaves them in pieces through a number of death to the toy actions.

If the Toy uses plastic clamps that act to hold them on to the bars consider drilling a hole in the back panel and use SS bolt, washer and nut or wingnut to hold it in place.

OP
Tsali

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Thank you for responding:jumping40. I am currently using fender washers with bolts and wing nuts on a couple of the toys, but the Caitec hangers are just more convenient as you screw them onto the cage and then remove the toys to clean/fill. Tsali has a huge cage and 7 or 8 refillable food foraging toys in his cage to be cleaned and refilled daily.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thank you for responding:jumping40. I am currently using fender washers with bolts and wing nuts on a couple of the toys, but the Caitec hangers are just more convenient as you screw them onto the cage and then remove the toys to clean/fill. Tsali has a huge cage and 7 or 8 refillable food foraging toys in his cage to be cleaned and refilled daily.

Hmmm, consider using 'plastic' glue to lock the nut head in place. This should quicken and ease the process of removal and installation.

Really hope that someone with a bunch of backs jumps on and you two solve each others issues as part of an exchange!! :D

Most Reactions