Bad Pet Shop Story - Heartbreaking

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
how sad....not really what I want to say, but I can't post that.

hopefully those birds now have a chance.

do you know if any charges being laid??

OP
Niner10Tango

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
From what I have heard on the talk radio shows, that the owner of the pet shop will be facing animal cruelty charges which is a felony.

At least the animals are in good hands. I have used Parkway Veterinary and they are very good vets.

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
This is so sad. I don't understand how he wasn't reported earlier.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
That is disgusting:mad:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I have a hard time understanding how nothing was done sooner. Easier to understand these conditions going unnoticed in a private home, but in a store?? I would think people would have seen something. At least the animals got out!!

OP
Niner10Tango

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
I have a hard time understanding how nothing was done sooner. Easier to understand these conditions going unnoticed in a private home, but in a store?? I would think people would have seen something. At least the animals got out!!

I would have thought others would have said something. From what I have heard on the talk radio station, the County and the City went to the store to collect past due property tax bills and the City of Warren reported that they had unpaid water bills well over $9k. If there were so many compassionate customers, why didn't this jerk get reported.. I don't get it either. It was the County & City Officials that made the reports of animal cruelty.

I have heard horror stories of that pet shop, but personally, I never went to see for myself. Not a fan of that particular neighborhood, perhaps that's why it wasn't reported earlier. So Sad :(

Most Reactions