Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Fozzy and Birdy are banned because the last time someone called me "they", I felt a bit weird because I was pretty sure that he knows my gender

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Fozzy and Birdy are banned because the last time someone called me "they", I felt a bit weird because I was pretty sure that he knows my gender
Roz ibb I don't mind gender neutral pronouns tbh, but it is weird being referred by they/them in person especially since I fully look like a female lol

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
BB is banned cus

Same

I mean--singular they/them is grammatically correct (for non-binary people but also with phrases like "someone left THEIR wallet here" etc) so I'm not sure why it'd feel weird, but it gets awkward because I'm very visibly female lol

(side note: once someone started calling me "he" because I mentioned my girlfriend lmao)

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Foxxy is banned because.... wait, you have a girlfriend? I thought all the time that you live with a boyfriend (I remember that you are a pancake)

I'm aware that they/them is correct, maybe I sometimes feel weird because there's no "they/them" in Polish (if we don't know the gender, we have to guess (usually as a male) or just use both forms. With enbies it's a different story... there's separated stuff how to talk gender neutrally and most people don't even know how to do it)

But when a new person calls me "they/them" I feel fully alright

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Foxxy is banned because.... wait, you have a girlfriend? I thought all the time that you live with a boyfriend
Lol yes I do
Idk I usually say I'm pan/bi/whatever because I've stopped caring about labeling sexual orientation lol
(I will note that it is a lot more socially acceptable to call yourself bisexual tho)
I'm aware that they/them is correct, maybe I sometimes feel weird because there's no "they/them" in Polish (if we don't know the gender, we have to guess (usually as a male) or just use both forms. With enbies it's a different story... there's separated stuff how to talk gender neutrally and most people don't even know how to do it)

But when a new person calls me "they/them" I feel fully alright
Roz ibb all of that is true

Tbh I think it's still misgendering if you call a cis person they/them because like... idk I don't understand why would you do that unless someone looks androgynous and/or you know they're nonbinary

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Mya is banned because that photo is plastered all over online bird communities 😭 it is a cool af picture tho!

Most Reactions

Latest posts