BB - The Love of our Life (RIP 5/21/94 - 10/20/21)

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
Senegal (RIP: 5/21/94-10/20/21)
You are in our hearts forever! We shall meet again our darling BB 🌹❤️

Attachments

• IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 112

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Birds Lover, I am thinking of you and wishing you a world of comfort and peace as you remember your handsome BB. It's so very hard to lose a family member as treasured and cherished as he was, as the members of this community well understand. Every bird deserves to be loved as much as BB was, and still is. I'm pretty sure he knew just how special, and how beloved, he was. ❤️🙏

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
We are sad to see you go, BB... may your wings ever so carry you effortlessly above the fluffy clouds and infinite rainbows! (and All the treats you can imagine there in Heaven...)

OP
Birds lover from Hawaii

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
The pain is really so deep! I am so very sorry!
Thank you. Yes, the pain is so deep that no words can describe but only bird parents know. I asked my husband yesterday why we hurt so bad. His explanations are the mentality of parrots are really close to human compared to dogs and cats. They are intelligent, compassionate and emotional just like us. This is why it hurts so bad when we see our baby suffering for so long and particularly feeling his life vanishing slowing on my chest. I will never forget the way he suddenly lifted his head gulping for air during his last moments while having his head down the whole time. I will never forget the times he tried to hold onto my fingers so tight would not want to let go when I tried to put him back to the cage. I know he was scared so were we but we tried so hard not to let him feel our emotions.

OP
Birds lover from Hawaii

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
He looks so happy and loved in your photos. I am so sorry for your loss. When they go they take a part of us and we keep apart of them.
Thank you. There is a saying which is so true that "If you received more love then you will grief more when that love is gone"

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry for your loss of beautiful BB. You can see his wonderful personality in those photos shining through. You were with him though out his life giving him love, and were there for him at the end to ease his fears and I know your presence comforted him.
Fly free, sweet BB, you will be missed.

OP
Birds lover from Hawaii

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
I am so sorry for your loss of beautiful BB. You can see his wonderful personality in those photos shining through. You were with him though out his life giving him love, and were there for him at the end to ease his fears and I know your presence comforted him.
Fly free, sweet BB, you will be missed.
Terry - thanks for the comforting words that have really soothed my soul. You're so right that BB really had such a charming personality, playful, happy, cuddly, curious about everything. He was friendly to whoever came to our house. We are so blessed to have him in our life for such a long time.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences for the loss of your gorgeous, beloved BB. May his memories comfort you while grieving and mitigate the physicality of his passing.

Most Reactions

Latest posts