beak grinding in stressful situation?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Today I took Aster on a car ride to petsmart. I just got a job there and I wanted to show my co workers her as well as there is a really pretty conure there that I wanted her to meet (throw glass/carrier not directly. he was really interested in her, but Aster didnt give two shits) during the car ride she was actively grinding her beak but she was also doing the head bobbing of regurgitation like she was carsick. Lincoln does this. And I'm 99% sure it isnt hormonal as she isnt expressing hormones in any other way. So half of her behavior looks like she isn't having fun but then shes beak grinding? has anyone experienced beak grinding in disliked situations? does she somehow actually like the drive?

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Maybe she was regurging/head bobbing because she was overexcited?
its possible but she has NEVER expressed regurgitating behavior

heres a pic of her and the other bird:
20220918_142622.jpg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My late Quaker would get carsick sometimes. Perhaps she was starting to get carsick, and it didn’t progress to vomiting. That’s kind of what I meant earlier, that she was just starting that behavior but not all the way there.

(Like you can get your bird to head-bob at you but if you quit bobbing back they will only Bob their head a few times and if you keep going then they’ll bring up food.)

P.s. cute little conures!

Most Reactions

Latest posts