so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I don’t have any idea how this happened but had to be recently.
Is there anything I can/should do about this.
09C21C07-AA42-441B-8374-CE2F8BBB542A.jpeg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
What the heck, man!! An upward split, not ease to cause, but ease to fix!!

Think of it as a cut into the edge of a finger nail. Round it out and wait for the ugly to grow-out. The important part is to take the section that will catch on all kinds of stuff and smooth it out. Yes, will create an indent into the bill face, but it will not get any worst.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I’m glad the injury is so low. I would think sailboat is correct. I bet you could have the spot filled with a matching resin but I doubt it’s worth it.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I’m glad the injury is so low. I would think sailboat is correct. I bet you could have the spot filled with a matching resin but I doubt it’s worth it.
Regarding this issue, I have seen it and much worst and know where the line is regarding use of a dental resin. Dental resin is most commonly used when an actual hole or open area occurs on the thinner sides of the beak and closure or thickness is need to assure eating and/or the structure of the beak itself. On the front edge, dental resin is used when the break or cut opens to the webbed area of the inner beak, which is higher on the beak. The area of this cut is near the bottom, which is solid.

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Regarding this issue, I have seen it and much worst and know where the line is regarding use of a dental resin. Dental resin is most commonly used when an actual hole or open area occurs on the thinner sides of the beak and closure or thickness is need to assure eating and/or the structure of the beak itself. On the front edge, dental resin is used when the break or cut opens to the webbed area of the inner beak, which is higher on the beak. The area of this cut is near the bottom, which is solid.
Thanks. I wasn’t sure as I can’t see the cut very well and have seen surface beak injuries bleed.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
The backwards facing spike came off.
Now it’s just a slightly thinner spot in her beak.

Most Reactions

Latest posts