so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Have not done a Bella update in a while so Here it is.
On the last night of Pacho’s life with us held I Pacho in my lap in front of the cage. This was in plain view of both Bella and Bingo. Both Bella and Bingo were completely silent while the last hours played out. A quite Bingo is not unusual but a silent Bella When I come home from work is unheard of.

Bella has become more affectionate with me overall. In the past out of her cage when I tried to scratch or pet her she would push my had away with her beak. If that did not work she would walk or fly away from me. She is now accepting scratches from me almost any time.
Her only bad behaviour is when we try to get her back to her cage. That always taks time and effort. My son remains the one she allows to replace her in the cage.

I got a foraging toy for her just a few days ago.
To say it did not go as planned would be an understatement.
I will update this post with a picture or a link of the toy. No time right now. All her feathers stood on end and she growled like I have never heard before. She must have thought it would pull her arms and legs off. I gave it to Bingo who accepted it right off. He is still working out the puzzles.
Bella is not exactly at home in her new larger cage. Have not seen her play with her toys yet. She is not climbing round and round and she eats and drinks normally in it.

With all the changes happening around her she has gone into a mild plucking phase. I don’t think it well get to serious but I will be keeping my eyes on her.

I will try to post a picture soon as I have the time. Have to got to work today. I should be free of weekend work soon and then I will make it up to my babies.

That’s it for now.

Texsize

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
On the last night of Pacho’s life with us held I Pacho in my lap in front of the cage. This was in plain view of both Bella and Bingo. Both Bella and Bingo were completely silent while the last hours played out. A quite Bingo is not unusual but a silent Bella When I come home from work is unheard of.

Bella has become more affectionate with me overall. In the past out of her cage when I tried to scratch or pet her she would push my had away with her beak. If that did not work she would walk or fly away from me. She is now accepting scratches from me almost any time.
Her only bad behaviour is when we try to get her back to her cage. That always taks time and effort. My son remains the one she allows to replace her in the cage.

I will update this post with a picture or a link of the toy. No time right now. All her feathers stood on end and she growled like I have never heard before. She must have thought it would pull her arms and legs off. I gave it to Bingo who accepted it right off. He is still working out the puzzles.
Bella is not exactly at home in her new larger cage. Have not seen her play with her toys yet. She is not climbing round and round and she eats and drinks normally in it.

With all the changes happening around her she has gone into a mild plucking phase. I don’t think it well get to serious but I will be keeping my eyes on her.

I will try to post a picture soon as I have the time. Have to got to work today. I should be free of weekend work soon and then I will make it up to my babies.

That’s it for now.

Texsize

Good to hear Bella is getting back to her lovey stage with Dad! I had wished Smokey would have been more affectionate.
I just got back from the local pet store and they have a young CAG (still with dark eyes) that melted my heart. He/she immediately got on my hand and let me scratch her head silly,then chewed my finger gently when I stopped :eek:
$3500 is wayyyy out of my price range,and my hands are full enough with Amy and BB.

Parrots KNOW stuff Wes,that boggles my mind at times. Amy KNEW something was wrong,the morning I took Smokey to the vet,and returned without her :02:
Amy was silent for weeks ( very unusual for her) and just sat on her nite-nite perch,just climbing down to eat and drink. She wouldn't even step out of her house.
When she finally did come out,she could sense that I was also very depressed and crying at times over the loss of Smokes,and Amy would climb my arm to my shoulder,preen my beard,gently beak my cheek and make soft Amazon sounds in my ear. Rarely does Amy do that

Bella KNEW something was up with Pacho Wes..and KNEW you were hurting too. We don't give nearly enough credit to our FIDS about their emotional state. They feel just like we do!

YES!! more pictures of that beautiful Bella are needed my friend!

Jim

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I think Bella saw the care and tenderness with which I was handling Pacho.
I think she realizes that I have her best interest in mind when I handle her and that I won't hurt her. So she is more willing to open up to me now.

texsize

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Hear is the toy

Caitec Creative Foraging Systems Four Corners Mount Foraging Toy Clear | eBay

selfie with Bella waving hello.

t40av7E.jpg

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Wes..Bella's clothes are in fantastic condition,compared to what she looked like when she came home to her forever home :D That alone,reflects on you,on the care and love she receives from you and your whole family.
Pat yourself on the back,my friend..WELL DONE! :)

And LOL on Bella waving! HI THERE BELLA!!!!

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

That’s it for now.

Texsize

Good to hear Bella is getting back to her lovey stage with Dad! I had wished Smokey would have been more affectionate.
I just got back from the local pet store and they have a young CAG (still with dark eyes) that melted my heart. He/she immediately got on my hand and let me scratch her head silly,then chewed my finger gently when I stopped :eek:
$3500 is wayyyy out of my price range,and my hands are full enough with Amy and BB.

Parrots KNOW stuff Wes,that boggles my mind at times. Amy KNEW something was wrong,the morning I took Smokey to the vet,and returned without her :02:
Amy was silent for weeks ( very unusual for her) and just sat on her nite-nite perch,just climbing down to eat and drink. She wouldn't even step out of her house.
When she finally did come out,she could sense that I was also very depressed and crying at times over the loss of Smokes,and Amy would climb my arm to my shoulder,preen my beard,gently beak my cheek and make soft Amazon sounds in my ear. Rarely does Amy do that

Bella KNEW something was up with Pacho Wes..and KNEW you were hurting too. We don't give nearly enough credit to our FIDS about their emotional state. They feel just like we do!

YES!! more pictures of that beautiful Bella are needed my friend!

Jim

I think Bella saw the care and tenderness with which I was handling Pacho.
I think she realizes that I have her best interest in mind when I handle her and that I won't hurt her. So she is more willing to open up to me now.

texsize

Honored to be in the company of members so attuned to their beloved finds! Wish more folks could understand the deep bonds we have with these beautiful winged creatures.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
sounds like Bella wants to help her daddy not feel sad

she looks really beautiful in that picture. A shame she didn't like her new toy and that she's a bit uncomfortable right now but I'm sure she'll be okay. We all know how stubborn greys can be, for the worse and for the better

Most Reactions

Latest posts