Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
So, me being and avid reader, I remembered how much I loved to read magazines when I was younger,

Now I got a new urge to read magazines, and why not some parrot related magazines. Does any one have any kind of subscription to such? I mean, for me it would be perfect if the magazines would be delivered to Europe :D (EU countries)

I've seen the magazine "Parrots" and if any one has any of these, I'd love to hear some feedback! I'm not such a fan of E-magazines, for me there is something special in paper form, it stays with me forever and bigger chance I will sit and read over and over. Plus, I'm trying to read less on the computer. And I simply love collecting stuff.

Thank y'all in advance!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There had been a Parrot Magazine, but it had gone out of business. They was an attempt to revive it but to my understanding, it was not successful.

You may want to search for active European Bird (Parrot) Clubs that have a monthly or several times per year publication. Also check with Avian Medical Professional and ask if they receive a news letter from their Association.

Yes, not a Magazine, but an information source(s).

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Hmm... Recently another person, also from Hungury, sent me prive and mentioned about bird magazines... I'm just curious if it is just an accident 😅

Personally I know only Czech magazines - one of them is called "Papoušci" what means "Parrots" but I think you didn't mean it? I think it has only Czech version

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Hmm... Recently another person, also from Hungury, sent me prive and mentioned about bird magazines... I'm just curious if it is just an accident 😅

Personally I know only Czech magazines - one of them is called "Papoušci" what means "Parrots" but I think you didn't mean it? I think it has only Czech version
It must be an accident as I hadn't even spoken to my partner about it, it's my little secret and my own future Christmas present from me to myself xD the idea came to me yesterday while I was waiting in the line in the shop and was staring at the random magazines...

I was referring to a British "Parrots" magazine, I think. They send worldwide, and because of shipping costs the prices are quite bit different for EU, but still reasonable, 5 GBP per monthly issue, if you get a yearly subscription. My Hungarian is pretty bad so I won't even try to search in hungarian :D

While Czech is a slavic language and similar to Croatian, it's way too different for me, I'd know :D Maybe I recognize a few words here and there but my knowledge stops there, hahah!

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
There had been a Parrot Magazine, but it had gone out of business. They was an attempt to revive it but to my understanding, it was not successful.

You may want to search for active European Bird (Parrot) Clubs that have a monthly or several times per year publication. Also check with Avian Medical Professional and ask if they receive a news letter from their Association.

Oh, that was the Bird Talk, wasn't it? I heard it was really popular, such a shame it has gone out of business.

I guess it's not a bad idea to ask my vet if he has any recommendation, I need to get in touch with him anyway.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

As 'Boat's stated..I think he is referring to Bird Talk magazine. I recall back in late '80's being a subscriber,couldn't wait for next months issue..a very well done publication IMO.

Jim

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I too loved the parrot magazine that went out of business. I recently found a whole bundle of them on craigslist, but they were fairly expensive. I also wasn't sure if it was outdated information as these magazines were older. If anyone finds a new magazine thats a good read please do let me know.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie

Most Reactions

Latest posts