Bird room inspiration

Rosalindagg

Sep 19, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel, Conure, Parakeets
My cockatiels only go inside their cage to sleep so I wanna arrange & more add stuff to my room that’s aim for my birds. Show me pictures of activity/ play centers/ areas you have for your your birds! I need some inspiration!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I don't have a pic of my birb's full play stand BUT I can give ya a link to it! the prevue parrot stand! (there's a giant one I ALMOST got)

a Cargo Net I plan on getting once I take my Christmas lights down off my wall and get some moolah

a Sisal Boing you can hang from your ceiling (I can't do this anymore due to mine being heavier than a skyscraper! due to that, it falls if my bird lands on it too fast...)

a large swing in my experience is more appealing to land on as mine isnt too fond of swings aside from his blue rope ring

hope this helps!

OP
Rosalindagg

Rosalindagg

Sep 19, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel, Conure, Parakeets
I don't have a pic of my birb's full play stand BUT I can give ya a link to it! the prevue parrot stand! (there's a giant one I ALMOST got)

a Cargo Net I plan on getting once I take my Christmas lights down off my wall and get some moolah

a Sisal Boing you can hang from your ceiling (I can't do this anymore due to mine being heavier than a skyscraper! due to that, it falls if my bird lands on it too fast...)

a large swing in my experience is more appealing to land on as mine isnt too fond of swings aside from his blue rope ring

hope this helps!
Thank you so much for linking everything! Oh my gosh that swing you liked looks awesome ! My tiels are also not a fan of swings, but that one looks so appealing !

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

hope this helps!
I love his set-up! I have the larger stand for my BHP, and he loves it! I also have a swing something like yours for my cockatoo. I think we both have great taste...haha

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
8324742F-1C29-4198-A3DB-D406C8139EA7.jpeg

DIY PVC pipe play gym! Very configurable to whatever size and shape you need, cheap, and easy. Great for small to medium birds. My GCC loves it.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I wish my birds liked swings, I bought two before I realized they were just going to be ignored, LOL.

I really like Planet Pleasures Shredders, it’s a braided flat natural plant fiber thing that mine like to tear to pieces. You can wrap or tie it to just about anything.

Kirby’s room isn’t terribly exciting as I don’t have any anchor points in my ceiling (maybe one day?), but I do have a tree playstand he really likes.
View attachment 47749

DIY PVC pipe play gym! Very configurable to whatever size and shape you need, cheap, and easy. Great for small to medium birds. My GCC loves it.
I think we just got that Seagrass mat!! We had a sisal and wood ladder for Kirby but it would twist on him and he fell a couple times - we switched to the seagrass instead and it seems much sturdier! He hasn’t shredded it yet but I’m sure it’s going to happen sooner rather than later!

I love this play gym!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I love his set-up! I have the larger stand for my BHP, and he loves it! I also have a swing something like yours for my cockatoo. I think we both have great taste...haha
omg u have a pionis?! im so jealous! god I'm gonna miss going nuts with bird things when I move out in a few years. no more boing, probs no cargo net (im aiming to get one for rico. our b/h-days are 10 days apart so, why spend moolah on me when I could spend moolah on him), no more ceiling swings, and no more ceiling things for my little gremlin ):<

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Thank you so much for linking everything! Oh my gosh that swing you liked looks awesome ! My tiels are also not a fan of swings, but that one looks so appealing !
yeah, I'd LOVE to have a swing as massive and fun looking as that for rico! heck, I'd wanna perch on it myself!

Most Reactions