Bird safe products- tried and tested!

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Denim cobalt linnie (neelu)
Hello! Iā€™m always desperate when I need to buy a new appliance and I donā€™t know whatā€™s bird safe- and I donā€™t trust the manufacturers or the company to tell me even if it is! I always rely on and am so so grateful for fellow bird parent reviews.

So here is a list of everything that I use in the house, and have been using for ages, with birds in the house. I researched everything on this list.
Happy new year, my friends!

Amazon essentials oil radiator (our beloved space heaterā€¦ sadly unavailable at this time)

Cosori Air fryer 3.7 quart

Instapot PRO 10 in one. 8 qt

Nume curling wand

Conair infinity Curl (teal handle )

We donā€™t use toasters or clothing irons or anything else. All our bakeware is stainless steel, cast iron, etc. I actually just cook everything in the instapot because we have gas range and Iā€™m almost never not being stalked by free flying birds.

So we use few heated appliances but we use them constantly, and theyā€™ve been great.
I have other hair tools, but they are older models that arenā€™t around, and I donā€™t know for sure. But I have used some Jilbere, and Helen of Troy, and Sedu.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I rely on cast iron cookware and have a le creuset Dutch oven. Also I use the microwave to steam cook vegetables and the air popper for bird treat popcorn.

For cleaning, I use dawn dish soap, old English wood cleaner, bleach or vinegar, and poop-off. I also believe in exhaust fans and open windows.

What else? Ziplock freezer bags with single berries, cherry tomatoes, pepper slices, corn on the cob slices.

OP
KissyBeak

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Wonderful! I love cast iron cookware, luckily my mom used it exclusively growing up, so it wasnā€™t a hard transition.

I also DIY cleaning products and since you mentioned it, would love to share that. My cleaner actually helped me develop some of them, bc she uses natural products around her elderly parents.
She told me to use half vinegar/half water for glass cleaner. I add imitation coconut extract for scent.
For multi purpose, I also add to the water/vinegar, lemon juice, lemon extract, and grapefruit seed extract for antibacterial. The lemon extract makes it smell amazing.

For bathroom scrub, she had me mix 1/2 dawn blue, with 1/2 baking soda to form a paste. I buy plastic tubs for it.
For bathroom sprays, baking soda can be added to it, but I find itā€™s not needed between the scrub and multi spray.

Wood polish: water and vin with plain sesame oilā€¦ I had to experiment to get the right blendā€¦ I added lemon or orange extract to make it smell more like furniture polish.
I think fractionated coconut oil would work well too, but a lot of people use sesame, it seems to be neutral and functions well.

Wood floor soapā€¦ classic Dr Bronners in unscented, but even lavender scent is fine. Itā€™s mild with dilution and only used on floors, so the scent is very subtle but nice.

OP
KissyBeak

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Thatā€™s great! I didnā€™t know that! Will be checking those out

OP
KissyBeak

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
wanted to add that I bought the Ninja Foodi Grill Air Fryer- spent months researching and there were alot of bird owners that use it. I even watched a video of a bird owner using it, saying she bought it bc it was recommended as bird safe- she had it for a long time and no issues.
I bought the exact same model she had- Iā€™ll try to find the link.
Itā€™s been great and no problems.
The only thing is, my husband has been hounding me to buy him a toaster. He hates making toast in the air fryer because itā€™s a lot of effort for him I guess šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
He really is breathing down my neck about it, and Iā€™ve been researching on and off for ages and ages, I keep telling him I just havenā€™t found something that I feel safe with!
I know there was a post about toaster ā€œovensā€ā€¦. But my husband has the domestic skills of a young child and old fashioned toaster where you drop it in and press the lever down, is pretty much the extent of his ability. šŸ«£
Does anyone have any toasters that are safe? What about Ninja brand? They seem to be well respected in the bird communityā€¦ any thoughts? Thank you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts