bird spaghetti

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
Ok, so I was at my friends house and we decided to make her birds something new. We took a wheat pasta and cooked that. Then we took a potato peeler and we used it to make long shreds of cucumbers, daikon radish, and carrots. It comes out looking like fettuccine pasta noodles. We mixed the wheat pasta and veggie shreds together. We then put tomatoes in a blender and poured them into the noodle mix. Added some chopped leafy greens and chopped nuts.. we let it sit for a while to soak up the juices and then fed the birds. OMG the birds went totally nuts over this! I am going to make it for Kali when she comes home!

WARNING: very messy!

Dustbunny

Apr 7, 2014
USA
Parrots
PB: Green Cheek Conure (hatched 2009);
Master Beaker: B&G macaw (hatched Aug. 2014)
That is such a cute idea! Next time we have spaghetti I'll have to swipe some of the noodles and make this for PB.

Oh and I'll warn everyone to watch for flying noodles. :D

Thanks for sharing!

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
WARNING: very messy!

Hahah as I was reading your recipe I was thinking to myself if I give this to Tango, I better set up my dining area like one of Dexter's kill rooms LOL!

You are about right about that... LOL! We gave hers the spaghetti in her dining room (all tile floors) we got the idea while eating spaghetti and her birds trying to attack our plates. They were so cute though holding the strips with their feet and eating. They had tomato all over their beaks..hah.... after they were done, they look like raptors who had just made a kill.... but cute raptors lol

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What an excellent idea!! :D I have to try this. I'll just let them eat it on the kitchen counter. How many feet will they toss it? :54:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
OMG....that would drive me mad as they toss enough stuffs around as it is....lol.....my vet told me to put ketchup on the pasta to give them, same issue with the red sauce... lol

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
What an excellent idea!! :D I have to try this. I'll just let them eat it on the kitchen counter. How many feet will they toss it? :54:

Her birds were pretty good or so we thought. My friend called me today she found 3 noodles stuck to the ceiling LMAO

Dustbunny

Apr 7, 2014
USA
Parrots

Her birds were pretty good or so we thought. My friend called me today she found 3 noodles stuck to the ceiling LMAO

ROFL.

PB is very generous with her food as well and likes to fling it all around. I'm always finding bits of her food stuck to me. The dog loves this, and I love him even more for being my fuzzy Hoover. A vacuum and mop in one. You can't beat that. Of course, unless his daddy feeds him beans and he magically floats to the ceiling, I don't think he could clean food from there. :09:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
My dogs wait on the floor under the island where Gilbert eats dinner....as the food flings, the floor is licked. What I hate is when he and I are eating and his half chewed pieces fly over and land on my plate. I am always saying "HEY!! Don't throw that at me?!" haha And he is a small bird, almost centered on the island....so I can only envision what a larger bird in a different spot could do. Splatter Pa. LOL (we call pasta "PA" like Alex the grey did....just because it was cute and it stuck).

Dustbunny

Apr 7, 2014
USA
Parrots
What I hate is when he and I are eating and his half chewed pieces fly over and land on my plate. .

Ewwww! LOL! Of course I can't talk. I offer PB bites of my food all the time and she likes to tongue everything, especially forks. She's a little weirdo. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts