bird stolen form the nest

goose228

Mar 29, 2022
Media
Parrots
pineapple conure
not a parrot but a oriental white eye(rescued)
i know i cant really ask for a lot of help but i want some advice of maybe something i can do to help, a classmate of mine took two baby birds from their nest and claims that she "found them" me and many other people saw her taking them, these birds dont have any feathers yet and are hard to identify, she hasnt been taking care of them and doesnt allow them to sleep-i have tried to tell her but of coure she doesnt listen, the birds arent growing at all even though its been a whole week since she found them and they arent eating or pooping anymore´- if theres anything you guys think i can do please tell me :D

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
What about her parents? Do they know that the babies are from a nest?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Can you tell your teacher, principal, guidance counselor? These babies will most likely die.

(I remember our school had rules about animals at school if she’s bringing them to school.)

OP
goose228

goose228

Mar 29, 2022
Media
Parrots
pineapple conure
Not sure where you are in this huge World, but one can always report her to Animal Control.

The sad reality is that we are likely down to a few hours before they pass. Time to switch her out of your group of friend
Can you tell your teacher, principal, guidance counselor? These babies will most likely die.

(I remember our school had rules about animals at school if she’s bringing them to school.)
My music teacher has 5 birds which she has rescued and she knows- she is trying to convince her to give them to a rescue centre or somewhere where they will survive but she is still saying she wants to keep them

OP
goose228

goose228

Mar 29, 2022
Media
Parrots
pineapple conure
H
Her parents don’t know they are from a nest and just think that she found them- but she took them during break so someone probably saw her do it which might help

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
It's been few days - are they still alive?

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
yaa are they still alive?

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Not sure where you are in this huge World, but one can always report her to Animal Control.

The sad reality is that we are likely down to a few hours before they pass. Time to switch her out of your group of friends.
i agree i had friends who said very bad things to my birds and they are now not my friends anymore

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Depending on what kind of bird she took from a nest it could also be illegal to own depending on where you are, and what type of bird this is. Local authorities could be contacted in this case, game wardens (conservation officers). I know this sounds mean, but it would be saving the baby birds if your friends don't have any experience with caring for a baby bird.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Depending on what kind of bird she took from a nest it could also be illegal to own depending on where you are, and what type of bird this is. Local authorities could be contacted in this case, game wardens (conservation officers). I know this sounds mean, but it would be saving the baby birds if your friends don't have any experience with caring for a baby bird.
That’s exactly right. It’s illegal to take most birds (native birds for certain) from the nest and dicey to pick up an injured fledgling from the ground and do anything but take it to wildlife rescue.

The facts are simply that most people who take a baby bird from a nest are GOING TO kill it. Most likely not on purpose, but most people don’t know how to care for baby birds. They have to be warm, they have to be fed a lot and specific things, their parents potty them carefully… more work than it might sound.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
i agree i had friends who said very bad things to my birds and they are now not my friends anymore
If someone doesn’t like birds and thinks I am stupid for carrying around my bird and petting it, they’re not kind or open minded. My pet bird doesn’t hurt them any, stays on me, and is potty trained.

Crows come to the courtyard behind my apartment house every afternoon. I told my last boyfriend that I wanted to “make friends with the crows” because they’re so smart and cool. He said, “why would anyone wanna do that?” I should have known right then.

OP
goose228

goose228

Mar 29, 2022
Media
Parrots
pineapple conure
yaa are they still alive?
It's been few days - are they still alive?
She ended up giving them to the music teacher even though she literally took them, students at my school saw her do it but they didn’t know she was taking them because they didn’t think she would, but yes they are alive

Alexx

Mar 25, 2022
Parrots
Amazon
Hopefully all is well for them, in Canada you cant ''own'' a native species for those reasons. So people dont go around grabbing them. Good on you to ask for advice!

Most Reactions