Bird therapy - visit with a sun conure

Lisa999

Dec 31, 2020
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Alex GCC - RIP
Many of you supported me in the bereavement forum - I posted several weeks ago when I my dear 8 month old green cheek conure Alex passed ... I haven't been the same since I lost Alex and I miss him every day.
So, I thought I'd post a little happy moment.
A friend arranged a date with one of her friend's sun conure last weekend. Here is a picture. Meet Bucket. He is an 18 year old sun conure.

lisa999-albums-sun-conure-picture23076-img-5508.jpg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
That was so thoughtful! Very sweet. I found a lot of comfort in visiting the refuge and spending time with the birds there. Something I just needed to do. The house was just so empty, as was my heart, you know? Then along came Tucker... and Baxter...

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh what a beautiful pic of the two of you, Lisa! Bucket sure is a gorgeous boy! I admire your resolve Lisa, I don't know if I'd have been able to give him back :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Gorgeous pic of you and Bucket! He's sharing a moment of tranquility and likely senses your affinity for parrots. I am glad you are able to smile and derive pleasure from his closeness.

OP
L

Lisa999

Dec 31, 2020
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Alex GCC - RIP
That was so thoughtful! Very sweet. I found a lot of comfort in visiting the refuge and spending time with the birds there. Something I just needed to do. The house was just so empty, as was my heart, you know? Then along came Tucker... and Baxter...

It was very thoughtful of my friend to arrange a visit with Bucket. I feel the same - going to spend some time this weekend at a bird rescue this weekend. Not ready for another bird though.

OP
L

Lisa999

Dec 31, 2020
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Alex GCC - RIP
Gorgeous pic of you and Bucket! He's sharing a moment of tranquility and likely senses your affinity for parrots. I am glad you are able to smile and derive pleasure from his closeness.

Thank you! It was a very good feeling to have a bird sitting on my shoulder and taking into my ear :)

OP
L

Lisa999

Dec 31, 2020
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Alex GCC - RIP
Oh what a beautiful pic of the two of you, Lisa! Bucket sure is a gorgeous boy! I admire your resolve Lisa, I don't know if I'd have been able to give him back :)

Thank you! Bucket is very delightful and a very friendly guy. Also, very gentle - he was very light on the grip with his beak while stepping up. And he only had to give me a gentle nip once to tell me to get further away from my friend's dog. He also thinks he need to talk when everybody is talking - he doesn't say any specific words but mimics a speech, so fun! :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Glad you found some joy in visiting Bucket. he is a handsome boy!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

It was very thoughtful of my friend to arrange a visit with Bucket. I feel the same - going to spend some time this weekend at a bird rescue this weekend. Not ready for another bird though.
That's great! So nice to just be around them. There's no rush. If or when you're ready, you'll know.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Buckets is clearly a wonderful Therapy Parrot!!!
A wonderful heart-warmer...
What a wonderful thing your friend did for you; a Parrot Date!!!

Bucket's your a five star sweetheart!

Most Reactions