Birdie Bread From Pellets

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
So, I am trying to think of ways to introduce pellets to Cookie. I was looking through the sticky for converting, and saw the idea of grinding the pellets and making a paste and do like the idea. However, I wonder if it would be possible to take it a step further and make birdie bread out of it. Basically I want to make birdie bread but substitute the flour, corn meal, whatever, with ground up pellets. Has anyone ever tried this? Do you think it would even be possible?

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Been done, works fine!
My JoJo is a portable grinder. He makes it his personal mission to turn every pellet into dust, ASAP!

Quakerella

Apr 2, 2012
Canada
Parrots
3 quakers, 2 indian ringnecks, 6 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels, 1 budgie, 1 eastern rosella
I have never tried the birdie bread from pellets. When I am weaning babies off hand feeding I give them ground pellets. Just pop them in the blender. I have also used them to sprinkle over the veggies sometimes. I agree with jiannotto9492 I have used wet pellets, works very well.

Last edited:

Most Reactions