Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I have to talk about the sweet little birdies I met yesterday. Thank God I'm already above my quota or they definitely would have come home with me. I took a trip out for supplies, and Avery got to come along. We're finally having warm enough weather, so this was his first time out and about with me. He was so happy to go riding in the truck. He climbed around the carrier, hanging upside down and bopping his head and whistled and jabbered. When we got there, we had to show off a little because he's such a good boy, and he did his wrestler growl for me right on cue. Score! :)

Anyway, I was sitting with Avery on my arm, and a little conure just appeared on my shoulder! Super sweet baby. Avery was fine with it until the conure walked down to meet him. He wasn't thrilled, so I switched arms and put the conure back up to my shoulder. Then... The most gorgeous little tiel appeared next to him, stuck his face in my ear and started whistling. Not like a wolf whistle or anything, I'm talking full on songs, complete with the vibrato on the long notes. Seriously, Roger Whittaker level stuff. I just melted. ♥️ Turns out the two are a bonded pair and will have to be adopted together. If you move one out of sight of the other, they both panic and contact call. They're still super young too. They have separate cages, but spend most of their time out together. The tiel is all white except a little grey on his chest and a couple grey patches on his back. I've never seen one like him, he's absolutely stunning. OMG my heart! ❤️❤️❤️
20230520_163821.jpg
20230520_163919.jpg
20230521_141203.jpg

If only Tucker wasn't so jealous, and if I had a little more room, or time, or if only it wouldn't cause me to wind up single...

I do have to add, the trip did have one small sad note. As I was getting Avery out to get in the carrier, Baxter suddenly got really excited and clearly knew what was going on and wanted to go. It broke my heart to leave her behind after that, but this was a special first trip for Avery, so I had to tell her it wasn't her turn, and I'd be back soon. My beautiful Baxter girlie will come along next time :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I have to talk about the sweet little birdies I met yesterday. Thank God I'm already above my quota or they definitely would have come home with me. I took a trip out for supplies, and Avery got to come along. We're finally having warm enough weather, so this was his first time out and about with me. He was so happy to go riding in the truck. He climbed around the carrier, hanging upside down and bopping his head and whistled and jabbered. When we got there, we had to show off a little because he's such a good boy, and he did his wrestler growl for me right on cue. Score! :)

Anyway, I was sitting with Avery on my arm, and a little conure just appeared on my shoulder! Super sweet baby. Avery was fine with it until the conure walked down to meet him. He wasn't thrilled, so I switched arms and put the conure back up to my shoulder. Then... The most gorgeous little tiel appeared next to him, stuck his face in my ear and started whistling. Not like a wolf whistle or anything, I'm talking full on songs, complete with the vibrato on the long notes. Seriously, Roger Whittaker level stuff. I just melted. ♥️ Turns out the two are a bonded pair and will have to be adopted together. If you move one out of sight of the other, they both panic and contact call. They're still super young too. They have separate cages, but spend most of their time out together. The tiel is all white except a little grey on his chest and a couple grey patches on his back. I've never seen one like him, he's absolutely stunning. OMG my heart! ❤️❤️❤️
View attachment 50716View attachment 50717View attachment 50718
If only Tucker wasn't so jealous, and if I had a little more room, or time, or if only it wouldn't cause me to wind up single...

I do have to add, the trip did have one small sad note. As I was getting Avery out to get in the carrier, Baxter suddenly got really excited and clearly knew what was going on and wanted to go. It broke my heart to leave her behind after that, but this was a special first trip for Avery, so I had to tell her it wasn't her turn, and I'd be back soon. My beautiful Baxter girlie will come along next time :)
Oh Jon, those two are just the sweetest pair of babies I ever did see!! With the possible exception of Val and Lovejoy, of course ;) Clearly they absolutely love each other, and I pray that they can be found a loving home where they can be together forever, with someone who will give them all the love and adoration they deserve. Just like the sort that all of yours have found with you.💖

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

View attachment 50716View attachment 50717View attachment 50718

So, where are these two lovely birds so I can go visit them when I need to shop for my birdies? Are they at Seymour's?

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
So, where are these two lovely birds so I can go visit them when I need to shop for my birdies? Are they at Seymour's?
They are indeed! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts