birds in the shower?

wicked demon

Jul 22, 2010
Somebody asked me if I take my bird in the shower? I hadn't even considered it, does anybody do this, and how warm can/should the water be/get?

George gourlay

Oct 24, 2010
Media
glasgow scotland
Parrots
Tony. OWA gone but never forgotten..
CAG Named Azarra..
Well i take my bird to the shower and run the water just lukewarm with the shower head on a fine spray and tony loves it. There are a couple of photos in the amazon photo gallery of tony after his shower. I even take down the shower head and spray him underneath so he spreads his wings for a wash personnally i think he would stay there all day if i would let him...

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
For sure my Rosie takes a shower with me. She even asks for one. (Want shower) I have a special shower perch on the wall for her to sit on. She actually starts shaking her feathers before the water is even turned on.

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
my guy hates to be misted, but repeatedly dunks into his water bowl, i have been wondering if the shower would be better, his past owner did mention that he showered with him...is there anything special one should look for in a shower perch?

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I take Fred to the shower, but so far, I just spray him with a pressurized water sprayer. I plan on eventually just turning the water on, but with Fred, everything new has to be at a snail's pace.:rolleyes:

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
so do you put them on the side of the shower wall, under the spray nozzle, on back wall??

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Guess I've been pretty lucky so far, all my fids love to be watered down outside with the hose, adjustable nozzle on mist, also helps the temps are still in the mid 80's :)

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
It depends on the bird. I would start where they get nothing more than some splashes of you and then move the perch over as the bird demonstrates that it likes it.

Jodi

Oct 1, 2010
East Coast United States
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure Panini
Blue Crown Conure Amos
My green cheek has always gone into the shower with me. for the first year he only sat at the top and soaked up the moisture from the hot spray, but now he hangs there just long enough for me to shampoo and condition until he flutters to my head. Here I thought now that the kids are older, peaceful uninterrupted showers would once again resume...WRONG lol!
and from having him with me, during those nice relaxing baths, I know he is very fond of water on the warmer side, because he just jumps right in thinking he can swim and loves it!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts