Birds need rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Hi.im the director of Zaksee Parrot Sanctuary located just outside Tampa Fl. We are a nonprofit501c3 organization. We are in hardship(just like a lot of people).
The sanctuary is landlocked meaning we borrow the road to go in and out. As of march13,2020 we no longer have access to the road. There's a lot of legal mumbo jumbo I can't disclose at this time, but the owner of Zaksee hasn't left the property. Here's what I need help with:

*Adopt a bird or two* large,medium and small available. Almost 400 birds and without access to the road I've made the decision to rehome as many as we can.
All kinds of amazons,conures,macaws(large and mini), Indian ringneck,eclectic,Quakers,senagal,African and timber greys,lovebirds,caiques.100s of cockatiels,all sorts of cockatoos.citron,sulfer,bare eye,goffin.
Zaksee Parrot Sanctuary 7647 Gardner rd tampafl.33625
1-813-468-6645
[email protected]
Zakseeparrotsanctuary.com

Last edited by a moderator:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
This member is looking to adopt a Parrot (find them in the same Forum as your request).

Title: Adopting in South Carolina
New Member: Adjudicator

Landlocked Property Law is different State to State. I have no experience with Florida in this regard. Sounds, like someone didn't follow the use rules in the Access Agreement, or something like that. Sorry you're faced with this issue...

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
wait...you say they want to adopt? looks like they want to re-home/adopt out...confused...

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Nope..still confused, as the OP appears to be someone wanting people to adopt from him/her...but thanks for trying to clarify..maybe I am just easily confused lol-- I do tend to overthink things...Didn't see any "referenced new members", so that is more confusing..The title is "birds need re-homing" and despite numerous re-reads, I am still (apparently) missing the boat.

Last edited:
OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
To clear up some confusion
The birds need homes and there are a lot of birds
sorry for using the words adopt and rehome in the same sentence ..they mean the same thing to me
And donations Are for food which is getting low
Hope that helps.

1oldparroter

Nov 4, 2019
Waiteville, WV
Parrots
I am 71, married and fairly private. I have PM privileges but prefer the phone. Printed messages, are so limited. jh
I called the phone listed and got answering machine, then sent an email to the address furnished. jh

1oldparroter

Nov 4, 2019
Waiteville, WV
Parrots
I am 71, married and fairly private. I have PM privileges but prefer the phone. Printed messages, are so limited. jh
i have visited the sanctuaries site ( Zakseeparrotsanctuary.com ) and it hasn't been changed for current affair's of letting birds be rehomed or adopted. On 1st screen (for incoming) there is info about air and transporter shipments requiring a pet carrier and its' requirements by the shipper and according to the birds size. There is no mention of the OP furnishing the carrier or a cage and them making the arrangements from him to the new home, or if there is a cost.
Neither is there any mention of cost or documents or cost of bird. There is no mention of anyone being able to actually get the bird from its' current home.
If " I " took the time to drive down there I'd have no problem walking in to pick up my new friend (or freinds) would be nice to know if a carrier and cage was required and any costs though. jh

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
i have visited the sanctuaries site ( Zakseeparrotsanctuary.com ) and it hasn't been changed for current affair's of letting birds be rehomed or adopted. On 1st screen (for incoming) there is info about air and transporter shipments requiring a pet carrier and its' requirements by the shipper and according to the birds size. There is no mention of the OP furnishing the carrier or a cage and them making the arrangements from him to the new home, or if there is a cost.
Neither is there any mention of cost or documents or cost of bird. There is no mention of anyone being able to actually get the bird from its' current home.
If " I " took the time to drive down there I'd have no problem walking in to pick up my new friend (or freinds) would be nice to know if a carrier and cage was required and any costs though. jh

Agreed as people need to know requirements, costs and if they need to prepare for cage and etc. Hopefully birds will find new home soon and you get funds needed to provide for the other birds till they find new homes.

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
I was unaware of the lack of info on the website try zaksee.com
Prices are not set in stone so make an offer and you will need a cage and a carrier
The owner may have carriers but it hard to say. P. M. Me I’m going there tomorrow to grab a few birds up for some people I know
1oldparroter if you are serious about getting a bird please contact me then this forum and I’ll make it happen

1oldparroter

Nov 4, 2019
Waiteville, WV
Parrots
Preferably a male Eclectus or Pionus bird or birds, as they aren't dander prone. Older or senior too. i am 70 and retired so feeding and housing and my time, is all I can furnish them. Not really into Toucans, Macaws or loud biter's like cockatoo's and cockatie l's but if you only have a couple other birds that need a home and I can meet someone part way there; I will help. No money and i can furnish a pet carrier. No money to spend tho. Let me know what you think. BTW I live in lower / central West Virginia fairly near Blacksburg, VA. Let me know. jh

henry0reilly

Mar 2, 2017
Parrots
YNA (Mad) Max aka Mean Max Green ~2002
Sulfur Crested ‘too Babybird 2015
Then I emailed them using the link on their "about" page. I asked, "Is it true you're closing and need homes for the birds?" This is the response I got:

[FONT=verdana, geneva]Hello there
[FONT=verdana, geneva]If you didn't see it on www.zaksee.com only then someone with mental problem[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]is posting for Zaksee and we can't fix that.Very busy loving our birds.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]Our goal is to rise $65000.00 to help birds in need.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]Our bird don't get stimulus check or anything. please donate $500 or more in this difficult times.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]to care for our birds and god will give you back 10 fold of it very soon. No cash or check, online only[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]by Paypal please.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]Tell your friends and family to sent any money they can too please. The birds need your love.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]

[/FONT][/FONT]

henry0reilly

Mar 2, 2017
Parrots
YNA (Mad) Max aka Mean Max Green ~2002
Sulfur Crested ‘too Babybird 2015
NO CASH or CHECK ??

I have never heard of any not-for-profit organization that refused to accept checks or cash.

Something seems to smell bad about this.

It's also curious that there are TWO websites, both copyrighted 2017 for this rescue. dot com domains are seldom free.......

1oldparroter

Nov 4, 2019
Waiteville, WV
Parrots
i got one sorta response that sort of bird, then no more response's. Altho they responded with more site;'s and started to make more promise's and then no more contact. Another scam? jh

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
not a scam people. please understand i dont own the sanctuary.i never mentioned they were closing. i only posted what i was allowed to post. and that was help rehoming birds. What happens when you call or email is out of my hands and have absolutely no control over it. and i dont own a facebook account so whatever info is out there, didnt come from me. 1oldparroter im sorry for my lack of response but i cant drive to you. and i was unable to get anymore birds out than i planned for the day i went in. henry oreilly it does seem weird that he wont take a check or cash, the owner hasnt commented on that with me . in the future if things change i will keep you and everyone interested posted. feel free to p.m. me with questions. in the meantime just remember things dont always happen over night.

1oldparroter

Nov 4, 2019
Waiteville, WV
Parrots
I may be wrong, I do know the responses I got were not conducive to generating trust or getting me to participate. They misdirected me and sent me other contact points, plus using a different thread here and then no more information.
So at risk of insulting anyone; I would like it known if there is a possibility of re - homing a bird at all, if so a price range. I'd also like to know more about actually given the bird, as I had already decided to drive all the way down there; then comm's ceased. Maybe the way I was communicated with and left hanging isn't understandable but it was certainly not done very well. There needs to be more put out specifically than a request for donations via ebay or whatever and no cash or checks.
My best to flboy, you and the forum; but I hate to say the state I'd been in if I went to Florida and got no more response. it wouldn't have been pretty. jh

1oldparroter

Nov 4, 2019
Waiteville, WV
Parrots
Due to a reply, I understand there are underling issues being dealt with in this post and have been assured that the big thing to deal with, is the birds health. This isn't a scam, accordingly but they are looking for funds to take care of and feed the birds. So I have been assured. jh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions