birdtricksters

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah. That's kind of the thing. This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

We taught them our free flight techniques, now they're selling it on the internet, and even taking over our spot and pushing us out in the process.
Taking everyone who knows what they're doing, ripping off what they are doing, and then repackaging it as your own material, and selling it on the internet at really high prices.

And a lot of it is more hype than useful.

And yeah, you DON'T withhold food from a bird to train it. THAT'S JUST WRONG!

That's why I'm not big on these guys... and "Mr. Wizard" is doing pretty much the exact same thing...

If the stuff isn't copyrighted, it's technically legal. BUT they're NOT the source of this information. They are relying on the expertise of others. Then holding themselves out as the experts... (when they themselves are being parrots in a way. We just repeat what we've heard.) and some of the advice doesn't come out 100% right in the translation. There are things left out.

So, that's why I don't support it.

I don't 100% agree with Barbara either.

I'm closer to Ken and Sam in my approach to training.

Last edited:
OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
It is so confusing when you start out. Wizzard and Trick are the main ones flooding the net when I got BB> I actually got mail from one of the sites i registered on saying my bird would not survive unless i bought there course. IGNORE

So from that i learned you not only have to learn what to do but learn who to learn it from . Find out who you dealing with.

I know Birdtricks claim they taught the Parrot wizzard. They did a big write up when he lost one of his birds.

I know this has been talked about a lot but I thought this was a really good read

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Christine, I can't begin to thank you enough for this! And even more so because you got permission from him to post this here! :D

YOU ROCK!!! :heart:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I'm closer to Ken and Sam in my approach to training.

Name dropper
LOL Ken ? Sam ?

And Tani.

I inadvertently left out Tani, and she was also a HUGE influence.

Ken = Ken Globus aka the birdwhisperer. The Bird Whisperer - Breakthrough Bird Taming Techniques - Turning frightenned, aggressive birds into loving pets

Sam = Sam Foster https://featheredangels.wordpress.c...rstanding-your-parrot/articles-by-sam-foster/

Tani = Tani Robar Tani Robar ? Bird Trainer Extraordinaire

Barbara = Barbara Heidenrich Well, love her or hate her, everyone pretty much knows who she is. Barbara Heidenreich | Good Bird Inc.

If I were a newbie, I'd start by digesting what these folks have to say.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thank you for sharing, Christine. Excellent article, and important for new parrot owners to know.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
And thanks for the links, Mark. I'll definitely read up on them.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
And thanks for the links, Mark. I'll definitely read up on them.

For the record, I used Ken's methods A LOT when rehabbing, and when I did workshops, THIS was a big part of what I taught people who had birds they couldn't work with. FOR FREE... NOT FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $5,000.

PEOPLE TEND TO VILIFY HIM, AND DISAGREE WITH SOME OF HIS STUFF CONCEPTUALLY... BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS WORKS.

Tani stresses the concept of training by breaking things down into small steps, and then combining those steps a little at a time. BEING THE TEACHER/PARENT BIRD. Making training PLAYTIME/LEARNING TIME. Something they look forward to.

And Sam Foster is JUST FLAT BRILLIANT in terms of overall housing, care, and understanding of their wild behaviors.

Last edited:
OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Well I doubt I ever free fly BB I was really impressed with the blog on Chris's site . That's how I ran across this write up.

Being new can get you into a vortex searching for information . Kinda hard to figure who to trust and not trust.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well I doubt I ever free fly BB I was really impressed with the blog on Chris's site . That's how I ran across this write up.

Being new can get you into a vortex searching for information . Kinda hard to figure who to trust and not trust.

If they are long on promises, but won't give you any real details up front unless you first send money - RUN!!!

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Pazu - Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Date ~27 September 2014~
As I was not informed about these guys, thanks for this post. While I do occasionally look at video's made by Parrot Wizard, most of my research is made here with the forums. I feel you guys as a whole community have been birding around probably long before I could even say the word parrot, so i have trust in the knowledge I find here. Not that I don't eve second guess things but I like to think I'm cautious in a good way?

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
I find what I think I can be comfortable with and research that. You will quickly find post to trainers and tips if it works or not.

Actually Mark I had [FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica]Ken Globus bookmarked just realized it. You had posted once about using the tight fist to the beak Fist of Iron

It works
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I'm sure I've posted stuff from all these people before. (Even Barbara.)

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Chris is who I learned (am learning) free flight from. He's a great guy and knows his stuff. He does teach food management just like the rest of the trainers. But he knows the science and the limits of it.

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Chris is who I learned (am learning) free flight from. He's a great guy and knows his stuff. He does teach food management just like the rest of the trainers. But he knows the science and the limits of it.

yeah he has a great reputation from what I have read.

Most Reactions

Latest posts