Birth Announcement!!!

Niteldy

Oct 26, 2021
Media
Albums
Utah
Parrots
1 Alexandrine & 5 cockatiels
I woke up this morning to an unfamiliar sound . The sweet little first chirps of the 1st egg to hatch!! Soo excited! 2 eggs to go- the 1st egg to be laid fell out of the nest :cry:. So this is technically egg #2. Anyway folks- everyone told me that this clutch would probably not be viable since it was mommas first one and daddy was only 7 months old. So we didnt expect any to hatch. Imagine my husbands face when he found out this morning his little girls egg hatched. We saw a cute little fuzzball of bright yellow when momma moved a bit. I have been busy hand feeding 2 IRNs . All I know is 2 weeks of no sleep plus working every day , is hard on this old woman! Please please please I am begging you cockatiel momma please dont abandon the chicks!! I dont think I can hand feed another clutch ! :rolleyes:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I woke up this morning to an unfamiliar sound . The sweet little first chirps of the 1st egg to hatch!! Soo excited! 2 eggs to go- the 1st egg to be laid fell out of the nest :cry:. So this is technically egg #2. Anyway folks- everyone told me that this clutch would probably not be viable since it was mommas first one and daddy was only 7 months old. So we didnt expect any to hatch. Imagine my husbands face when he found out this morning his little girls egg hatched. We saw a cute little fuzzball of bright yellow when momma moved a bit. I have been busy hand feeding 2 IRNs . All I know is 2 weeks of no sleep plus working every day , is hard on this old woman! Please please please I am begging you cockatiel momma please dont abandon the chicks!! I dont think I can hand feed another clutch ! :rolleyes:
Congrats on the new arrivals, @Niteldy, and I hope that cockatiel mama keeps on raisin' those babies for you!! 🙏 🙏 🙏

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
🐣 Happy Hatchday Baby Bird!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
How's the new baby bird doing? Any siblings?

Most Reactions

Latest posts