greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
This is my 16 yr old step daughter Ericka and her baby, Kylie. She is an electronic sensor controlled baby. Cries when hungry, needing to be changed, burps. She can get shaken baby syndrome and can also become a fatal statistic. These babies can not be turned off by students and all care is recorded within the baby. There are many sleepless nights!
hehe.gif

They are only required to do this for Fri, Sat and Sundays. Ericka states that all students are ready to give the baby back after 1 weekend. Surprisingly, there are no boys in the class!
huh.gif

Ericka says you can also wear a breastfeeding patch that clips on your shirt to feed the baby.
dance4.gif

Personally, I think every high school student, boy and girl, should have to take this Parenting course!

Last edited:
OP
greycloud

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Well now they have to wear a bracelet and when ever the baby cries for attention the bracelet must first be rubbed on the baby's sensor. (God, knows where that is! LOL!)
eek.gif
When she was driving to our house to spend the weekend last night the baby started crying to be fed.
LOL.gif
She had to pull into a gas station to feed it! Then a few minutes later she had to pull in to Walmart parking lot to change her!
hehe.gif
You have 1 minute to get the diaper sensors against her, well, you know!
dancing.gif
or it records as neglected.
She fed the baby at 10pm last night and said, I am going to bed, she is going to wake me up to be changed in about an hour. I need to get some sleep!
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

At 3AM Sammy was not a happy camper being woke up by a screaming baby!
mad.gif

It was a very long night! Ugh! One more night and baby goes home! I am not ready for grand children
omg.gif

Alienation

Banned
Banned
Nov 2, 2010
Media
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Awaiting my baby blue front...
Haha. It'd definitely be an interesting exercise, but the problem is there are still plenty of teenagers who know the risks involved when they don't practice safe sex, yet there are plenty of them that still don't. Even with that exercise, they'd probably think "It won't happen to me" or at the time they'll be too drunk to care.

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Atleast at my school the sensors where on the back. If you want to use these babies as birthcontrol you can find them on Ebay there called think it over baby you can even get one as a fetal alcohol sydrome baby. I got one of these for my best friend mainly cause she wanted a baby without having a baby she took that same class as your daughter and loved having that doll.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
It's funny, for sure, and it probably helps convince a few teens that being a Mommy isn't a status symbol or fun.

However, I don't think that schools should be in the business of teaching behavior. There will be those that say "yeah, but look at what their bad behavior costs us later in life." I agree with you on that point as well. My solution is to stop paying for them later in life too. ;)

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I agree with that idea!

The trouble with the dolls is that they get to turn them in at the end!;)

OP
greycloud

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
She goes to an Anne Arundel County school. She is exhausted from caring for baby! We can only hope that she remembers this when she is all cuddly in the back of a car!

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
but what should schools be doing then, if not teaching our children?

They should be teaching them math, science, history....factual things. They should not be telling them how to or how not to live their lives. If the state would stop stealing the reigns of leadership away from parents, these kinds of programs wouldn't be "needed." I certainly wouldn't let my child take part in it (if I had any without feathers).

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
I don't think the problem is that schools are talking to children about real life issues. The problem is the schools (and the internet) are the only ones who are.

One could not "steal the reigns" from a parent if they were ever actually holding them.

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I'm a retired teacher in Canada. IMO, the school systems have been overloaded with so much to teach, that the basics don't get enough time. Parents should "parent" their children...teachers don't have the time.

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
How to be a contributor to society, rather than a drain on it, is a factual thing.

Schools rarely teach children anything about common decency because they get sued if they ever tell a kid they shouldn't be a brat.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Schools rarely teach children anything about common decency because they get sued if they ever tell a kid they shouldn't be a brat.

I agree AD. And thus the stage is set for the worst in society (and legal advocates) to hold the rest of us hostage by making us obligated for the upbringing of their offspring when they will accept no obligation themselves.

That's why I think my stance is the only logical one in the long run. Give the trouble makers the boot, and get back to teaching the fundamentals to the children of those who have taught them common decency.

"Don't have a baby at 15" is a fundamental that should be taught elsewhere. I don't accept that it is my responsibility to deal with the consequences of their actions in a way that suits them. So naturally, I don't feel the pressure to keep them from choosing those actions.

Alienation

Banned
Banned
Nov 2, 2010
Media
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Awaiting my baby blue front...
I don't think the problem is that schools are talking to children about real life issues. The problem is the schools (and the internet) are the only ones who are.

One could not "steal the reigns" from a parent if they were ever actually holding them.

This is totally true, there was a survey done recently in Australia and most parents believe that schools should teach their kids manners and the like. As the daughter of two teachers and the grandaughter of four, teachers already have too much on their plate. Dealing with parents is the worst part of the job.
You should need a license to have kids IMO.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
You should need a license to have kids IMO.

I hope my point is not misunderstood. I think you have a right to teach your kids anything you want, as long as I am not bound by the outcome. Have as many kids as you want, teach or don't teach them to be good citizens or total degenerates. As long as neither you, nor they are my problem to deal with, now, or in the future.

Once we wrest control of someone else's childrens' lives from them, we open up the door for them to do the same to us.

Most Reactions